...

Monday, May 6, 2013

L'Oreal Miss Candy Infallible Eyeshadow in Strawberry Blonde

I ventured out from my usual drugstore beauty shopping at Rite Aid recently and headed over to Walgreen's.  I was rewarded by finding a display for the L'Oreal Miss Candy Summer 2013 collection, which had 4 new to the US Infallible eyeshadows (they were previously released in the UK and Canada under different names ).  I was the most attracted to Strawberry Blonde, so home it came with me.
Strawberry Blonde is an ethereal pink gold with a duochroome finish that flashes light aqua.  The finish is sparkly but rather sheer, although it can be built up.  I actually like it as a topper for other shadows so the sheerness is okay with me.  Strawberry Blonde will look more intensely pink over a black base, so there is some versatility going on here.
It can be hard to capture the duochrome shift in photos, but I think you can kind of get the idea here.  I wanted to do an eye look with Strawberry Blonde as a wash over some neutral creams and beiges to give a subtle shimmer (click on photos to enlarge).  I did experience some fallout when applying Strawberry Blonde, as it's a bit crumbly. 
I found a lipgloss in my stash that is a perfect complement to Strawberry Blonde.  Unfortunately it's been discontinued, although I did see some available on ebay  - Too Faced's Girls Dig Pearls lipgloss in Mermaid.  Mermaid is a nude gloss with an opalescent shimmer and I really like the effect it gives!
Disclaimer:  I bought these.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. Oh i see myself using this as an inner corner highlight! Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete