...

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

OCC Stained Gloss Lip Trio: Dekadent, Androgyne, New Wave

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I've been wanting one of the Stained Gloss finish lip tars from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics since they came out, so when this set went on sale at Sephora I snapped one up.  I know they've gotten mixed reviews, but I really like them!

Full disclosure:  I'm a lip tar fan and have now collected 28 of them, not counting this set.  Granted, I go through phases in wearing them, but I remain enthusiastic about the color selection and endless mixing opportunities.  The Stained Glass finish lip tars are quite different than the original matte colors, however, which has its pluses and minuses.  Oh who am I kidding?  There were no minuses for me :-)
Dekadent, Androgyne, New Wave
These are much more sheer and go on with a glossy finish, hence the "stained glass (gloss" effect.  The glossy shine does eventually temper down to a sheen, but the color remains true throughout wear, which is a good 3-4 hours on me.  You also need a larger amount of these to cover the lips.  If the dots above were the original matte lip tars, you'd have too much.  I probably use twice that amount of the Stained Glosses.
The finish, however, is lovely, with smooth glossy color that wears comfortably.  I was surprised at how sheer Dekadent is compared to the neon pink New Wave and bright orange Androgyne.  I've mainly been mixing them together, however, so the sheerness doesn't bother me.
New Wave + Androgyne blend
The Stained Gloss lip trio set is currently on sale at Sephora for $25, and I couldn't be happier with it!
New Wave + Dekadent blend

No comments:

Post a Comment