...

Monday, December 28, 2015

Best Of: Cosmetics I Really Enjoyed in 2015

Disclaimer:  I purchased these.
In no particular order, here are the makeup items I particularly enjoyed in 2015.

5-in-1 BB Cream Eyeshadows ($18) by Bare Minerals: I use one of the 4 colors I own on an almost daily basis. They make a great base for powder shadows or paired with eyeliner can be a one and done natural look. I also love that they have SPF, something you don't usually see in eye shadows.  
Barely Nude

Elegant Taupe

Sweet Spice
Coconut Water Cheek Gelee's by Josie Maran ($22): I'm a cream blush lover, and these gel based ones are unlike anything else I have. Better yet, they give a natural yet long lasting flush of color with skin enhancing ingredients.  
Complexion Rescue Hydrating Gel Creme by bareMinerals ($29):  I've grown to like this even more than when I first reviewed it back in March. It's a lovely formula, but I thought it was too hydrating for my oily skin to wear year round (and in summer when my skin goes into oil producing hyper drive, that's true). I also thought it was a bit too sheer for less than perfect skin. In cooler weather, however, I'm using it on an almost daily basis with just a smidgen of a fuller coverage matte foundation mixed in. It's good stuff and I will be repurchasing soon.
Natural 05
Sexy Eye Palette by Le Métier de Beauté: This item is not one you'll easily be able to get your hands on as it was a limited edition palette made for the VIP subscription program, but it is hands down the palette I reach for this most since I received it in May. Le Métier de Beauté does occasionally offer similar palettes as a gift with purchase and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few if these on ebay, so there is that.
YSL Cherry My Cherie #5 Volupté Tint-In-Oil by YSL ($32): I originally reviewed this from a sample but have since gotten a deluxe travel sized version and I love it. The Cherry my Cherie color shows up nicely on my lips and even stains them a bit after the gloss has worn down. I find this to be very comfortable and it lasts for 3-4 hours, which is about tops for me.
Cherry My Cherie #5
MAKE Beauty Eyeshadows:  I feel like MAKE Beauty flies under the radar in beauty blog land, but they have some seriously good eyeshadows.  I have one palette and one single, and there has not been a dud in the bunch.  They are pricey at $25 per single but this is a case where they do deliver in quality.  I hope to acquire more in the future.
Sante Fe (great as a highlighter as well)
Calypso Eyeshadow  Palette
Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Fig ($21):  I have several of the Too Faced liquid lipsticks now, and Fig is the one that has wowed me the most.  The formula on these is really nice but for some reason not many of the colors have grabbed me.  Fig, however, hits my sweet spot.  Just so pretty.
Supergoop CC Cream ($32): I received a trial size of Supergoop's CC Cream in my February Birchbox and liked it so much I purchased a full size of the Light to Medium. It was my go to foundation for the summer and I really, really like it. For a CC cream it has surprisingly good coverage (I'd say medium) and looks very natural on. Between Supergoop for warm weather months and bareMineral's Complexion Rescue Hydrating Gel Creme for cooler weather, I think I've found my holy grail foundations. I'm super excited that both also have skin enhancing ingredients and good SPF levels.
What were your favorite makeup items in 2015?  

No comments:

Post a Comment