...

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Worst Of: Products That Left Me Cold in 2015

Disclaimer:  I purchased these and I regret that.
We all experience duds from time to time, and these were mine for 2015. Mascaras are over represented, and there are some surprises on the list, including some high end items everyone else seems to love.  Just goes to show how variable people's experiences can be!
After 1 hour of wear
Tom Ford Limited Edition Spring 2015 Creme Color for Eyes ($42): I gotta tell you, this disappointed me to no end. The color is gorgeous, but the formula did not work for me AT ALL. It creases almost immediately and just looks like a hot mess. I'm going to give it to my mother to see if it works for her, as most people do not seem to have the creasing/poor wear problems I did. So disappointing.
Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter Gel Mascara ($26): Gloopy and stringy and with more affinity for my skin than my lashes.  Big fail.
Wink Colour Mascara in Brown Sugar by butter London ($20): I like brown macara, especially for my lower lashes, but this one was a dud. I found it very hard to get on my lashes and even harder to remove what did make it on my lashes. As difficult as it was to remove, it still managed to smudge on my lower
lash line. I couldn't win, and it got tossed after one use.
L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara ($8): Clumpy underperformer that flaked. 'nuff said.

This final item is not a bad product as far as performance goes and I gave it a very positive review initially, but the passing of time revealed some not so positive aspects and changed my opinion. I appreciate reviews that include impressions beyond superficial use, so the CoverFX Custom Color Drops are getting included as an "almost" worst of 2015 and I've updated my original review to reflect my entire experience.
CoverFX Custom Color Drops ($44):  I really liked these and used them quite a bit when I first got them. However, here are the problems I experienced that lead me to throwing them away after 7 months. First, I found the top of the bottle became increasingly messy as product seemed to build up when I replaced the bottle dropper. This may have lead to the second problem, which was a thickening of the drops to the point that they no longer "dropped" and I would have to smear some on my hand in order to mix with another product. I ended up throwing the bottle away, even though there was a fair amount left. It was rather unusable, however, and I consider this a no go for repurchase as a result.

Now, on to 2016 and wishing you a Happy New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment