...

Monday, December 21, 2015

Melted Kisses and Sweet Cheeks: Fig and Your Love is King by Too Faced

Disclaimer:  I purchased this, links are for convenience only.
The plums are what tempted me first with the Too Faced Melted Kisses and Sweet Cheeks set, and I've got to say both Fig and Your Love is King are lovely!
Fig was a surprise hit, as I wasn't sure how I would feel about it. Turns out the rosy plum is a great color for me and perfect for fall. Just love it.

The liquid lipstick formula is not particularly hydrating but I do find that exfoliating my lips and applying a matte lip balm goes a long way in giving me smooth lips and comfortable wear for a good 3-4 hours.
I also found the applicator to work quite well and did not feel the need to use a lip brush for precision.  That's a plus.
I'm not really into matchy lips/cheeks with a darker color, so below I'm wearing Fig with Makeup Geek's Secret Admirer blush.
Fig
Your Love is King is the first of the Too Faced Love Flush blushes I've tried, and so far I'm impressed. This is a talc-free formula and it applied smoothly and was easy to build color without looking patchy or powdery. There is a fair amount of powder kick-up but it doesn't seem to affect application.
These mini-pans are just big enough to fit the brush head in and will no doubt last a long time given the nice level of pigmentation I was able to pick up with just a few swipes. I'll never make it through a full sized blush in this lifetime, so I love the option of getting mini's like this.
As for the long-lasting claim, nothing is going to last on my oily skin for 16 hours. My benchmark for long lasting blushes are Hourglass's Ambient Lighting blushes (something about that formula works really well with my oily skin), which last a good 8-9 hours for me. Your Love is King was comparable, as I still had nice color on my cheeks that had not gone blotchy after the end of a work day, so thumbs up!
Your Love is King
A palette of all the mini's called Love Flush Blush is now available, and if I didn't have the Melted Kisses Sweet Cheeks set I could've seen picking it up. However, I'm going to content myself with what I have. I did an expired/gone bad makeup purge on Saturday, and I definitely need to focus on what I have :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment