...

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

May Yogi Surprise Jewelry Box: Creative Divine Mother

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
I've been remiss about posting my Yogi Surprise jewelry boxes, but not because I do not enjoy them. I think there was a lackluster month or two of boxes, which got me out of the the habit. However, that was quite a while back, and recent boxes have been both varied in style and quite pretty!
May's box theme is "Creative Devine Mother", which I'm assuming is a misspelling of "divine". Whoops. The box contents do not disappoint, with their bright colors appropriate for the glorious spring weather I've been enjoying during my staycation.
The Creative Bolo Mala necklace ($65) is a more modern take on mala necklaces, with it's fabric fringe hanging from a brass piece and translucent bright beads separated by smaller faceted crystals. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the bright beads are really quite lovely, as they have color striations running through them that elevates the overall look.
The Creative Wrap Bracelet ($32) features bright pink agate and amethyst stones, along with gold accents and crystals. The pink tassle on mine will need trimming, as some of the threads are longer than the others.  No biggie - it's a really pretty bracelet and nicely compliments the necklace.
I think I'll be wearing this set when I take my mom out to lunch on Saturday for Mother's Day. It will fit in nicely with the bright decor at my favorite Thai restaurant.
The sweet treat this month are Coconut Milk Caramels ($1.49) from Cocomels.  I have an aversion to the taste of shredded coconut, but these did not trigger that dislike and I thought they were really tasty!

June's sneak peak looks like a new style of necklace from Yogi Surprise, which is nice to see. I like mala necklaces, but my collection of them has gotten quite large, so some variety is welcome.  Subscriptions are $24.99/month, and I've got a referral code if you are interested in subscribing. Each box features two fair trade, handcrafted in Bali pieces of jewelry and one sweet treat. Well worth it, IMO, plus there is usually a code for 10% off each box for the life of your subscription!

No comments:

Post a Comment