...

Thursday, May 25, 2017

#365 Days of Samples: Week 13

I'm a bit late posting week 13 of my #365 Days of Samples, which I'm going to blame on a busy work schedule and rainy weather. If you are unfamiliar with this series, it's where I randomly select 7 items from my big box of samples each week. Let's see what I managed to use up or am tossing this time.
It wouldn't be a sample week if I didn't have a DHC item, and this week it's the now discontinued Scalp Massage Mask.  When I went online to find out info on the product, I discovered a few videos on scalp massage in general, including one about the DHC Scalp Massage Mask.
I was inspired to do a two part massage after watching the video below, with the first part involving massaging my scalp with coconut oil and peppermint essential oil.
I then shampooed my hair and used the DHC Scalp Massage Pack in the shower. I do experience product build up and this seemed to remove everything while leaving my hair soft and fluffy. I'm going to incorporate a scalp massage with the coconut oil into my routine once a week now, as it's both relaxing and effective :-)  
I finished 3 Farmhouse Fresh Samples: the Agave Nector body oil, Fluffy Bunny Shea Butter, and Crow Catcher. I posted a Farmhouse Fresh haul where I got the Marshmellow Melt Shea Butter for my mother, and I decided to make another purchase so I could get the Fluffy Bunny Shea Butter for myself.  It's a refreshing scent of lavender and mint julep that I adore, and once I used up the sample I busted out the full bottle so I could continue to experience the goodness.

Applying the Agave Nector oil ($18) on damp skin, followed by Fluffy Bunny ($30) gave me velvet soft skin that lasted all day. The Agave Nectar oil has a oat/milk scent that meshed nicely with Fluffy Bunny's lavendar/mint julep.

Crow Catcher Eye Transforming Serum ($46), per the Farmhouse Fresh site,  "uses dermatologist-developed peptides and complex nutrient algae to visibly improve the entire eye area, reducing the look of wrinkle depth by up to 58% in clinical tests with female participants over 2 months. In clinical trials, 91% of participants saw disappearing crow’s feet, lines, and wrinkles - even dark circles and puffiness."  I got about 10 days worth of use from the packet, and I liked it. The serum is light weight but with a lotion texture and absorbed nicely into my eye area. I wouldn't say it's particularly moisturizing, but it sounds like it's more of  a treatment than a moisturizer. I'm not sure any topical reverses wrinkles, but this was nice. No plans to purchase, but I do have several more samples on hand.
The Bobbi Brown Intensive Serum Skin Concealer in Beige 6 was too dark/yellow for my skin tone, so it did not get used.  The butter LONDON Lippy Moisture Matte in Ruby Murray, on the other hand, got worn twice and I thought it was quite a nice matte lipstick. It felt comfortable, non-drying, and lasted a solid 5-6 hours with a stain left after that.
Last up is Angel by Theirry Mugler, a polarizing perfume if there ever was one. People seem to either love or hate Angel, which probably has at least something to do with different skin chemistries. I wore this the obligatory 3 times, and each time I liked it less. First sniff was okay, but after that I found it cloying and borderline offensive. Top notes listed are are melon, coconut, mandarin orange, cassia, jasmine, bergamot and cotton candy; middle notes are honey, apricot, blackberry, plum, orchid, peach, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, red berries and rose; base notes are tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla, dark chocolate and caramel. I'm sure it's swoon worthy on some, but not on me.
Now, it's time for the items I randomly selected for week 13! New items will be listed first, followed by those I'm still working on:

  1. DHC Resveratrol Lotion (foil)
  2. DHC Resveratrol Cream (foil)
  3. Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation in Light/Warm (card)
  4. J'adore Eau Lumiere by Dior (card)
  5. Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (1 pair)
  6. Verb Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner (foils)
  7. Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent (vial)
  8. Skin Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels for Forehead (1 application)
  9. BECCA Backlight Priming Filter (deluxe sample)
  10. DHC Pore Cleansing Oil (foil)
  11. Sephora Green Tea Sleeping Mask (I guess this is actually a full-sized item)
  12. Dr. D. Schwab Flawless Skin Fluid (deluxe sample)
  13. Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel (foil)
  14. Marcelle BB Cream in Golden Glow (deluxe sample)
  15. Sunshine Oil by Milk Makeup (deluxe sample)
  16. Obliphica Seaberry Hair Serum (deluxe sample)

No comments:

Post a Comment