...

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Brown to Earth Stylo Eyeshadow Pen by Catrice

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
I picked up the Stylo Eyeshadow Pens ($5.99) in Brown to Earth as part of my Catrice Cosmetics haul from Ulta. I was curious to see how it compared to other comparable products, such as the Mally Evercolor Shadow Sticks ($25), the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks ($29), and Julep's 101 Eyeshadow Creme to Powder Sticks ($18), as I've got experience with those.
Ya'll, Brown to Earth (cute name) is good, like really good. As good as the much more expensive versions I listed above, which makes me happy. Brown to Earth is a lovely bronzed brown that has multi-tonal shimmer that gives it more complexity beyond just a basic brown.
I've got oily lids but worn over primer, this lasted all day with no creasing. You have a small amount of time to blend out the pigment, and then it sets for budge proof wear. Below you can see heavy application followed by the same swatch blended out.
I did pop a gold shadow on the center of the lid below, so that's why it's looks a bit more gold on my eyes. I found the formula easy to apply and work with, and my only complaint is that I wish there were more colors beyond the six neutral tones that I see on Ulta's site. I already have comparable colors or I would be snatching a few more of these up.
Thus far Catrice is impressing me with their products. I know they are the slightly more expensive sister company to Essence, as both are owned by the German company cosnova Beauty GmbH.
Here I'm wearing Brown to Earth with Maplewood from butterLONDON, another cream eyeshadow I'm really enjoying. I'm also wearing the Sunkissed Beauty Mosiac Powder Compact and Autumn Peach Silky Touch Blush by Essence. On my lips I'm wearing Beautifying Lip Smoother in Blackberry Muffin by Catrice. Yay for drugstore products that are just as good as the mid to higher end brands!

No comments:

Post a Comment