...

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Almay Shadow Softies: Peach Fuzz, Cashmere, Honeydew, Petal, Smoke, Moss

Disclaimer:  I purchased these.
The word on the beauty blogging street is that Almay's Shadow Softies are a much less expensive ($4.49) version of Dior's Fusion Mono Matte eyeshadows ($30).  Both have a moldable not quite powder and not quite cream formula, with sheer color payoff.
I picked up six of the Shadow Softies back in March during a BOGO 50% off sale, and after using them for a few months, here are my impressions.
Peach Fuzz

Peach Fuzz looks terra cotta in the pan, but all of these apply much lighter in color than they look.  For some, that will be a no go, but I actually like the subtle effect they give.  Peach Fuzz has a slight shimmer.
Moss
Moss is a metallic green gold.  I'm a sucker for this kind of shade and always veer towards it.  Again, this applies sheer but can be built up to a point.  I found using my finger worked the best.
Petal
Petal is a delicate pink matte.  
Cashmere
Cashmere is a pale ecru that I was hoping to use as a brow highlighter, but it comes off as a bit chalky.  It may be too light for my complexion.
Smoke
Smoke is a grayed out taupe, and one that I like more than I expected.  It has a lovely shimmer to it as well.
Honeydew
Honeydew is more of a pale gold sparkle than anything else, and makes for a nice inner eye highlighter or as a wash over other shadows.  It's another one I really liked.
I'd say that if you are not a fan of applying shadow with your fingers or prefer more intense color, to skip these.  Personally, I'm liking them and think they make for some really nice springtime eyes!  I'll have some looks I created with them up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment