...

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Le Métier de Beauté May's VIP Subscription Box is Peachy Keen

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I do believe I've only got 2 more months left to receive my VIP subscription boxes from Le Métier de Beauté.  Would I sign up for this service again, knowing what I know now?  Absolutely, in a heartbeat!  I've discovered some great new products from Le Métier de Beauté, and while there were a few misses in the mix, almost everything I received was top quality and imminently usable.  
May's offering are two of the True Color eyeshadows, Peachy Keen and Goldstone.  I recently reviewed two other shadows from Le Métier de Beauté, Naked and Tamarack, and I'm pleased to see that the quality is just as great with these two.  
Peachy Keen is a flesh toned satin/matte, and makes for a nice all over lid shade.  I've got a discoloration (sun damage?) on one of my lids, and Peachy Keen does a nice job of evening things out without looking chalky or dry.  
Goldstone is a lovely gold shimmer that I'm happy to say does not go metallic on me.  I love gold shadows for the contrast they give my blue eyes, so Goldstone is right up my alley.  The true beauty of these shadows is enhanced when I layer Goldstone over Peachy Keen - it's très bien!
Peachy Keen, Goldstone
Here I'm wearing Peachy Keen with Goldstone on top, Tarte's SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Gold along the upper and bottom lash line, and Elizabeth Arden's Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing mascara.  Such an easy but pretty look for daytime wear.
The True Color shadows retail for $30 each, which give's May's box a $60 value.  I'm hoping that I'll see a cream blush before the subscription period ends, but really, Le Métier de Beauté has done such a nice job of curating these boxes that I'm sure I won't be disappointed.  Really interested to see what's in store for year two of this service!

No comments:

Post a Comment