...

Monday, May 5, 2014

Taffy and Miami Beach Silk Lipsticks by MAKE

Taffy
Disclaimer:  GWP and a purchase.
I received Taffy as a GWP from Barney's, and based on the name I was expecting a warm leaning neutral of some sort.  Instead, I was pleasantly surprised to find a soft, medium toned pink that looked extremely wearable! 
Taffy
I've also got another Silk Lipstick from MAKE called Miami Beach that I purchased.  It's a lovely peachy coral that rings true to the moniker "Miami Beach", which is known for it's retro coral splashes of color in the architecture.  Miami Beach the lipstick even has a light frosty touch to it, which would have made it right at home in south Florida in the 1980's.  I should know, as I lived there then.  Interesting area, and I'll leave it at that:-)
Great colors, not so great formula.  Wah wah.  I wanted to love these, I really did.  But they are so dang unforgiving on the lip and emphasize any little imperfection, as well as adding a few of their own. 
Miami Beach
I made a point to exfoliate and prime my lips prior to applying, but this is a good as I could get it.  It's almost as if the formula adds a few nubbies of its own:
Taffy
Miami Beach
It's not horrid or anything and from a distance looks fine, but for a $25 lipstick - I'm just not impressed.  Fortunately, there are several other great items in the MAKE catalog that I'll be showing  you soon.  For me, the Silk lipsticks are not one of them, however.
Miami Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment