...

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Haulin', Haulin', Haulin': What I Purchased During Sephora's VIB Sale

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I've been spreading a little too much love amongst various beauty brands/sites lately, so my Sephora VIB purchase this year was modest - in size at least. I decided to focus on a brand I've been curious about for a while but have yet to try, Kevin Aucoin.
I love a good highlighter and Kevyn Aucoin's Celestial Powder in Candlelight ($44) gets good reviews, so why not go all out and get the Contour Book , I asked myself ($65 regularly, $56 with VIB discount)? Plus, the Contour Book actually contains larger sizes of both the Celestial and Sculpting powders and creams than the singles, which is crazy! Crazy good, actually. Here's what you get:
- 0.17 oz The Celestial Powder in Candlelight 
- 0.04 oz The Celestial Powder in Starlight 
- 0.16 oz The Creamy Glow in Candlelight 
- 0.16 oz The Sculpting Cream 
- 0.16 oz The Candlelight Cream 
- 0.14 oz The Sculpting Powder 
- 4 x 0.04 oz Eye shadow in Eye shadow in Brighten (luminous pearl), Starlight (luminous light peach/pink), Cool Tan (light brown), Ruddy Earth (rust) 
- How-to guide
I've just started playing with it so expect a full review in a bit. Initial impressions are positive.
Clinique really went all out with the packaging for their Take the Day Away cleansing balm sample, didn't they? It's larger than the contour book. I'm all for visual presentation but this seems a bit over the top/wasteful considering the size of the actual sample.  
My other 2 sample picks were erborian's Bamboo Waterlock plumping mask and Bobbi Brown's Intensive Skin Concealer or Serum, which I forgot to take a picture of. Honestly, I enjoy choosing samples so much and have walked away from a purchase if the samples were not to my liking. Weird, I know, but they can sway me yay or nay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment