...

Monday, November 16, 2015

Head Over Heels Blush by Makeup Geek

 Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Makeup Geek was running a sale at the end of October where you could get 9 of their blush pans for $45, making them $5 as opposed to their usual $9.99.  Having read such nice things across the board about these blushes, I made my first Makeup Geek purchase.  I've been having fun playing with these blushes ever since, and today I'll be showing you Head Over Heels.
Everything arrived packed uber securely, with each individual blush in a cardboard container with an inner sleeve.  You can also purchase the blushes in a compact for $12.99.  I'm keeping mine in a Z Palette, although only 8 will fit in the regular sized version.
Head Over Heels is a light bubblegum pink with a soft shimmer.  The pigmentation is quite good with all of these blushes, and I find just tapping my brush on the pan is the best way to pick up the powder and apply, building up color as I go.  Head Over Heels applies smoothly and is easy to build up without going chalky or cakey - it's a really nice formula that is both talc and paraben free.
I decided to go with a similar toned lip for this FOTD, pairing Laqa & Company's Honeypot Sheer Lip Lube (full review here) with Bite Beauty's lilac hued shimmer gloss 2001 from the limited edition 15 Shades of Sephora set (3rd from the left, full review here).
Makeup Geek appears to be having another sale of the pan blushes right now, with a set of 9 for $54.  Still a steal and worth checking out.
Perfume of the Day:  Nirvana Black by Elizabeth & James, no doubt influenced by reading The Non-Blonde's review while in bed that morning.

Song of the Day:  Lay it Down by the Cowboy Junkies, whose lyrics alternately amuse me or break my heart:
Lay It Down
He told his children those little white lies
the truth would only paralyze them
He told himself those little white lies
the truth would only paralyze him

Lay it down, lay it down

He sold most of what he cherished,
the rest he let them steal
Shot his dog out in the open field,
the rest he let them steal

No comments:

Post a Comment