...

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Sugar Plum Revitalizing Masque by Eminence Organics

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I've been trying to up my skin care game, which includes using facial masks on a more regular basis.  Eminence Organics has long be a favorite brand of mine when it comes to masks, so I dug out the two remaining products I still have. Today I'll be showing you the holiday appropriate Sugar Plum Revitalizing Masque ($54).
Disclaimer:  these have been living unopened in my refrigerator for quite a while, so I wasn't even sure if they were still good.  Fortunately, they smell and look okay, but it was a toss up considering these are made predominately with all natural/organic ingredients and no preservatives. I'm not sure why I've been hoarding these for so long, I need to stop that!
You can see previous reviews of Eminence products here and here so I won't go into great detail about the company, but I do like their aesthetic and the broad range of products that addresses pretty much every skin care issue you can think of.
The Sugar Plum masque is designed to rejuvenate, plump, and bring oxygen to the skin and features the following ingredients:
  • Plum: high in phytonutrients to help ease the signs the aging
  • Red Clover: high in antioxidants to improve texture of skin
  • Raspberry Leaf: high in vitamins and antioxidants to fight the visible signs of aging
  • Honey: supports the skin with moisture
  • Biocomplex™: a booster of antioxidants, vitamins, Coenzyme Q10, and Alpha Lipoic Acid to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve the appearance of skin
The consistency is very much like a plum puree or jam, and it even tastes slightly sweet.  Many of Eminence's masks are what I would call "active", in that you can feel them doing things to your skin.  I could feel a slight tingling for the 10 minutes I had Sugar Plum on my face.
Notice how the box label said Sugar Plum would leave you with a rosy glow? Well, there is definitely something in the mask that reddened the sides of my face. Whether that is irritation or by design I'm not really sure, but I had no long lasting irritation and the redness faded in about 15 minutes.  I've experienced this to a much greater degree with one other Eminence masque, but that was expected as it was the Lime Stimulating Masque that is designed to improve circulation and the instructions warn you that redness can last up to 2 hours.  It was probably one of my favorites.
I'm pretty sure the people at Beautypedia (Paula's Choice) would do nothing but poo poo Eminence Organics - I  could swear I've read some reviews of Eminence on her site before but I can't find them now, hmm.   Eminence products are pricey without a doubt, but I remain a fan.

2 comments:

  1. ohh that is a rosy glow!! ahaha. I have the ginseng sample mask - I need to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I know! I'm not even sure what ingredient is responsible/can do that.

      Delete