...

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Julep Tote-Ally Awesome Mystery Box: Fun Looks Good on Everyone

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Julep offered 3 different mystery boxes this month, each with a different tote bag and no overlap of products beyond the two promised polishes Posey and Andie. I was in the mood for a surprise and chose the "Fun Looks Good on Everyone" option. Let's see what I got!
I was fortunate to get only one repeat polish, the Metamorphic topcoat Tyra, which I passed on to my mother. Andie's colors interest me the most, followed by Janice and Bianca. I'm just so so about Posey, as I feel like I already have so many lilac/lavender cream polishes that don't get worn.
Andie
Janice
What does have me excited is the Gel Glider eye pencil in Forest Green Shimmer ($16). I love Julep's eye pencils and think they are a top of the line formula, and that's coming from someone who has quite the collection of eye liners. Like more than I want to admit to.
This color is gorgeous, and it glides on easily but once it sets, it's not going anywhere. Love!
I haven't tried any of Juleps Light on Your Lips lipsticks, and Stepping Out ($22) is a good color for me, so I'm happy with this item as well.
The formula looks promising and I'll report back once I've had a chance to wear it a few times.
Stepping Out
Overall, I think this was a really good mystery box!  While I certainly don't need another tote, I do use them to transport my breakfast/lunch and various other times to and fro during the week. Not counting the tote, full retail value would have been $108 for this mystery box.  I believe $120 worth of items were promised, which means they are valuing the tote at $12.  Plus, I redeemed my coupon for a free It's Whipped in XOXO, so let's add that to the pile.  
XOXO
I'm curious to see what was in the other two boxes, waiting on reviews.....

No comments:

Post a Comment