...

Friday, January 1, 2016

And So It Begins....Happy New Year and FOTD

I wish I could say I've got a clear vision of what I'd like to accomplish in 2016, but I don't.  I did do some decluttering of my house over my 2 week Christmas break, a la the KonMari method, or a loose translation of.  I'd like to continue decluttering and organizing my house until it truly does contain only items I need or love, but I'm not gonna set any hard deadlines.  My clothes and books are done, so that's progress.
Pre book purge
Post book purge
I've got a bedroom that I need to totally declutter as it has turned into "that" room where everything you don't want to deal with or don't know what to do with has ended up.  Once it's clean I'm going to move my mother's unused treadmill in so I can get more exercise.  So there's that.
Kale, parsley, beets, blueberries, ginger and turmeric
Looking back at 2015, probably the best habit I picked up was drinking green smoothies in the morning and just eating more healthy in general.  I feel better and I think it's helped my skin, plus I like concocting smoothies.  I don't crave sugary treats as much, perhaps because I'm getting my sugar in the healthier form of fruit.  I also add spices like turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper which adds a nice kick while amping up anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and blood sugar balancing properties.  Go me.
Today was our traditional New Year's Day meal which consisted of rice, black-eyed peas, turnip greens, fatback, and cornbread.  Yum.  This was my FOTD, and I've linked review of the products I used if available. Happy New Year everyone!
 Foundation:  Pur Minerals Air Perfection Cushion Foundation in Medium
Translucent powder:  Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Finish Loose Translucent Powder
Blush:  Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush (1st pan)
Bronzer:  Julep Glow Pore Minimizing Bronzer
Highlighter:  Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Moonstone (pressed)
Lips:  Le Metier de Beaute Fembot
Eyes:  Cargo Yukon over a base of Maybelline's Barely Beige Color Tattoo.
Mascara:  Estee Lauder Sumptuous Volume Bold Lifting Mascara
Eyeliner:  Kat Von D Immortal Love (upper lashline) and Julep Smoky Taupe Shimmer (lower lash line)
Setting Powder:  Hourglass Ambient Powder in Dim Light

No comments:

Post a Comment