...

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Julep September Maven Box: Cheers to Five Years

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
This month marked Julep's five year birthday, and they had several sets we could chose from for our customized Maven boxes. I chose the mini pencil set, as I love Julep's gel pencil formula and I'm an eye pencil junkie.
I'm more than happy with my choice, as the colors are gorgeous and unique to my collection. Which is hard to believe, as I've got soooo many eye pencils.
The only color that was a little problematic is Ultraviolent, which could be due to purple pigment's somewhat difficult tendencies. You can see how it's a bit bunchy/patchy in the swatch above, and I'll be interested to see how it works on the eye. I'm seriously in love with Gilded Gold Shimmer, which applies like butter. Once I've worn all of these I'll post a review.
My other choice for September's box was the oxygen bonding base coat Stick It To Me.
I added Peggy using my points, which is described as a charcoal with rose shimmer. I'm currently wearing it on my toes and am not sure how I feel about it yet, although it's an interesting color. I was able to get away with one coat, although I'm guessing two will work better on my hands. However, I'm seeing a negative review on Julep from someone saying Peggy turned her nails blue, so perhaps it's good I tried it on my toes first. I rarely wear bare toes so if this does stain, I'll be able to cover it up.
I paid $19.99 for my box, as I was fortunate to be grandfathered in at a lower price, and continue to be a happy Julep subscriber!

No comments:

Post a Comment