...

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Project Pan 2 Month Update!

First of all, I'm not sure why I feel the need to put an exclamation point on my Project Pan posts, but I do. There is just something so satisfying about actually finishing a makeup item, especially when there are a surplus of items languishing unloved. So let's see what progress I was able to make in two months.
If you missed my Project Pan announcement post, you can see it here. I've brought back 10 of the 12 items to show you my progress, and let's start with the 2 items that are down to their very last dregs! The bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream has become one of my favorite foundations, and after I could no longer squeeze any out I decided to cut it open. It felt like there was still some left, but I wanted to see how much.
July
September











There was enough for a few weeks more use (considering I rotate foundations fairly frequently), so I scrapped it out and put it into an empty container. I also used my Le Metier de Beaute (LMdB) Peau Vierge concealer down to the rim. I was curious how much was beneath the rim so dug it out with a knife.  A fair amount, actually, so I saved it to a container. It's a favorite, after all:-)
Let's continue with some more favorite LMdB products. I use the Peau Vierge pressed powder as my setting powder every day, and the metal part of the pan is slowly growing. It's going to take a while to finish this.
July
September
I use LMdB Nude eyeshadow every day after I apply eye primer to smooth my eye area and prep it for other shadows.  It's the same color as my skin and such a nice matte formula. I've hit pan!
July
September
I also made some progress on  LMdB's Shimmery Sand-White. Considering I mainly use it for an inner eye or brow highlighter, it's going to take a while to get through this. I originally thought I could use it as a face highlighter but it has some small silver shimmers in it that are larger than I like for a facial highlighter. I also tried using it mixed with a facial oil (hence why there are some scraped bits) but again the larger shimmer bits just don't work for me in that capacity.
July
September
The Inika brow pencil in Blond is slowly shrinking.  In July there was still a logo/writing near the tip, which is gone now:
July
September
I've made pretty good progress on my Buxom Cherry, which looked like this in July:
July
September

















I keep Cherry in my purse and use it at least once a day. Looks like I'm down to 1/3 of the tube, which I should be able to knock out by my next update.
July
September










I did not make much, if any progress with Sunday Riley's Sunday, however:
July

September
Buxom's April did see some usage, although I reach for Cherry more.
September
July


I used Tarte's Energy fairly consistently and that sucker is lasting longer than I thought it would. I am enjoying it though, so there's that. Now, if I can finish Cherry, April, Energy by my next check in I'll add some replacement products, but overall I'm happy with my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment