...

Monday, September 19, 2016

Empties! Products I Used Up or Tossed in August

Yes, it's taken me until mid-September to post my empties from August. Time is flying by per usual and better late than never, I guess. So let's get going!
Love my bareMinerals Complexion Rescue in Natural 05 (full review here), and will repurchase once I go through my other open foundations.  Which could be a while.
The Clean Face Oil Control Essence from The Face Shop (full review here) made for a good foundation primer, so I found it easy to use up.  Did it help control oil? Not enough that I would give a glowing endorsement in that area, and while I liked it, I don't feel the urge to repurchase.
I recently reviewed the Ciracle Vitamin Source C-20 here, so I won't go into much detail other than to say I liked it.  The big tub you see in the group empties shot is my First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, which I like using as a body moisturizer.  There was a bit left in the tub but it had gone bad, so it was time to toss. I now like using Jojoba seed oil as a body moisturizer, so I won't be repurchasing.
The Bella Bronze Liquid Illuminator by Le Metier de Beaute was one of my first purchases from the brand over 3 years ago (review here), and it's finally gone. RIP.
I did not care for the  rose/violet/saffron scent of the Arlesienne hand cream by L'Occitane, although the formula is good.  Since it was just a sample size, I managed to get through it.
I wasn't sure about the Meyer Lemon Creamy Cleanser by Andalou Naturals at first, but I ended up really liking it. I think of cream cleansers as being for dry skin, but this one is targeted towards normal/combo and my oily skin did fine with it.  I used it as a second cleanser after removing my makeup with a cleansing oil, and it left my skin soft and clean without feeling stripped. It contains some really nice organic ingredients (aloe leaf juice is the 1st ingredient and Manuka honey is the 3rd), yet is reasonably priced at $12.95.  Andalou Naturals continues to impress me with their skin care products!
Gold leaf in blotting paper - what will they think of next?  This 3-pack sampler of the Aburatorigama Japanese beauty papers by Tatcha did a great job of removing oil without disturbing my makeup, and looking at the little gold flecks definitely made me feel rich/decadent.  A set of 30 will set you back $12, and if money were no object....

The Essence eye primers in I Love Stage and I Love Colour were a big disappointment to my oily lids (full review here), so they are getting tossed. Also getting tossed is Benefit's They're Real Push Up Liner in brown, which I found temperamental/difficult to use.
Clinique's Bottom Lash mascara was a favorite and will definitely be getting repurchased at some point in the future.  It does not smudge on me and lasted for quite a while, plus it's reasonably priced at $11.50.  I liked the brown but will try the black next.
Last for today (yes, more will be coming, as I want to give some face masks a more thorough review), is Le Metier de Beaute's Peau Vierge concealer.  Love this stuff, sad to see it go. It's pricey ($95), which means I won't be repurchasing, as I just cannot justify spending that much on a spot concealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment