...

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

More August Empties and Sheet Masks I've Been Enjoying

Disclaimer: I purchased these.
I use sheet masks once or twice a week, so typically I'll have more than a handful in my monthly empties post. I wanted to do a more thorough review of the ones I really enjoyed. I buy most of my sheet masks via Memebox, especially when they are having mask bundle boxes. It's a good way to try out a variety of masks at reasonable prices.
Prelab's Skin Energy Mask in Soothing Energy includes more than a few ingredients that I like for my oily and congested skin, such as propolis extract, tea tree oil, aloe vera, and deep sea water.  The mask is supposed to help calm skin stressed by heat or environmental stressors, and considering it's the dog days of summer here in Mobile, I could use some soothing.
The mask is completely saturated and contains one bottle of enery ampoule, without much being left behind in the plastic container.  The fit of the mask is okay and I can get a good 30 minutes of wear before it starts to dry down. Memebox appears to have sold out of these, but they were reasonably priced at $2 with a BOGO offer.
bonvivant is Memebox's house brand, and they have quite the variety of masks currently priced at $1 each. I picked up a bundle set recently to try out some of the 100% Botancial masks, and so far so good.
The Niacinamide+Lime sheet mask is constructed from 100% Eucalyptus-derived materials, and I do find it comfortable to wear with a good fit.  The ingredients in this one include skin brightening niacinamide combined with revitalizing and purifying lime extract, which is also high in vitamin C. I'm not sure if I can tell any brightening going on, but my skin feels soothed and hydrated after wearing, which is about what I expect from a good sheet mask.
The Mogongtox Soda Bubble mask is supposed to deep clean pores and exfoliate skin with it's bubbling action from herbal ingredients plus carbonated water. It's gimmicky, but I can't deny it's fun. Come on now, who doesn't want to look like they've grown a white downy beard on 2/3's of their face? This is a 15 minute mask and it did leave my skin feeling clean and refreshed.  Would I use it regularly? Probably not.
Soda Bubble Mask Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, Propylen Glycol, Lauric Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium, Hyaluronate, Dimethyl Sulfone, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Betaine, Stearic Acid, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Water,Centella Asiatica Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Beta-Glucan, Papain, Carbonated Water
Banobagi has some nice masks in their Vita Genic jelly series ($2), 3 out of 4 which are featured here. Some unique features include a liposome jelly mask which is supposed to allow for better product absorption. The essence is highly concentrated with 20,000ppm  of the vitamin complex featured for each mask. 20,000ppm translates to about .68 ounces, so these are uber saturated to the point that enough essence is left in the package that you can slather it pretty much over your entire body, if you want. I'm not really one to save leftover essence, so some of mine goes to waste once I get tired of putting it on my arms, chest and neck. Seriously, there is a lot of essence in these!
Last up is Tosowoongs Pure Propolis Mask ($2), which has a relatively simple ingredient list that features propolis and niacinamide.  Propolis is a natural antibiotic, which makes it a great ingredient for blemish prone skin, and the niacinamide is a skin brightener. These are nicely saturated and fit my face well, so I like to pick up one when I place a Memebox order where I need to make the free shipping amount.
I find it quite ironic that I reach for my konjac sponge from Julep more than I do my Foreo mini Luna. These are good for about 3-4 months, so I switched to a new one for September.
A makeup sample I enjoyed in August was Sephora's Colorful blush in Sweet on You, which is a matte coral pink. I got a good 3 or 4 uses from this and I really liked it, as it was smooth with a nice satin finish on the skin. Pretty.
I've used several deluxe samples of Le Counvent des Minimes Loving Care Body Balm in the past, and I think it's a really nice lotion that is not heavy but does moisturize the skin.  I also like the fragrance, which I'd classify as a light, clean scent.  I've got more than enough body moisturizers at the moment, but this is a good one.
Last up is the AHA Care Peeling System by Somme ($4).  This is a another item that I got from Memebox (now sold out).  Step 1 of the set features a large cotton swab saturated with an AHA solution to help remove dead skin. Step 2 is a whitening ampoule enriched with herbal extracts that is supposed to help speed the regeneration of new skin cells, leaving your skin bright and clear. I could feel a tingle with the AHA solution but overall I thought it was a gentle peel.  My skin did look clear and smooth the next day so I do think it helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment