...

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Fall Hued Eye of the Day Using Matte Shadows

Disclaimer: I purchased these.
I woke up yesterday feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. It took me a good hour of sitting on the couch drinking coffee before I could convince myself to get into the shower. When I went to put my contacts in, I dumped Dr. Bronner's liquid soap all over one, thinking I was reaching for my lens solution. It was one of those days.
stila In the Know

Naked Ultimate Basic (image source:Urban Decay)
So, I'm going to post an eye look that I did a few weeks back that turned out really well.  I focused on using matte shadows, including the vibrant terra cotta orange from stila's discontinued In the Know. Still one of my favorite palettes.  Urban Decay's new Naked Ultimate Basic matte palette looks like it has some similar shades.
I've been using tape on the outside corners of my eyes in order to get a cleaner line, and I like the results.  Sometimes shadow extended too far drags down my narrow eyes, so I'm glad I discovered this tip from YouTube. I frequently view YouTube beauty videos online right before bed, just to lull myself to sleep. Some current favorites are KathleenLights, Tati, BiohazardousBeauty, and Kimberly Clark.  How's that for variety?
Sulu Beauty + LMdB's Burnished
We don't get much fall color in Mobile, although brown leaves are falling from trees.  It's also still in the 90's during the day, so I have to pretend that it's fall. You do what you can.
At least we get a lot of sun :-) Happy fall equinox!

No comments:

Post a Comment