...

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Jean Queen by Lipstick Queen

Jean Queen is one of two lipsticks I recently picked up from Lipstick Queen, the brand created by Poppy King in her quest for the perfect lipstick.  My previous exposure to Lipstick Queen was Pinky Nude from the matte Sinner line of lipsticks, but that wasn't a color I felt was very flattering on me.
Jean Queen, on the other hand, is one of those flattering shades that is easy to whip out and apply on the go.  It's a sheer medium berry pink that is designed to look well with blue jeans, as it offsets the blue in the fabric and lights up your face.  With a high gloss and comfortable feel, this is a really more like a lip gloss/balm in lipstick form.  Nothing high impact, but definitely pretty and easy on those mornings when I'm still a bit bleary eyed and need to be somewhere quick.

Like this past Saturday, which had me leaving the house at 7:00ish in the morning.  I've got a work commitment every other Saturday for the foreseeable future that is going to have me leaving the house earlier than I'm used to, so makeup that is easy and functional will help me get out the door on time.
The downside for me with Jean Queen has a short wear time and my lips started feeling a bit parched by 3:00 pm'ish, and no amount of reapplication helped.  I'm wondering if there is some sort of irritating ingredient in it, as the formula does contain moisturizing ingredients such as vitamin e, shea butter, and aloe vera gel.  So, I'm not sure that Jean Queen, despite it's pretty look, is going to be as functional as I was hoping for.  I wish I could find out what the offending ingredient(s) are, so I could scan ingredient lists for them. 

4 comments:

  1. Too sheer to my liking :S
    The box design is very cute though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! If I'm going to go sheer, it's got to have a little something extra going on.

      Delete
  2. that's a shame that it was so drying since it's such a pretty color!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try wearing a lip primer underneath and see if that helps. I do like the color!

      Delete