...

Thursday, June 19, 2014

June Birchbox: Away We Go!

June's Birchbox is all about travel-ready samples for wherever you chose to getaway to.  For me, that would be my backyard, but that doesn't mean I won't be able to get plenty of mileage from the items I received.  Let's take a closer look!
I received a nice assortment of items this month, starting with a generously sized sample of Davines Love Smoothing shampoo (sample value $7.50).  I also received foil samples of the Love Smoothing condition ($1.41) and OI/All in One leave in treatment (83 cents), so I'll be able to get the full experience with this line of products.  Nice!

Perlier is an Italian brand I've seen featured at HSN, but can't remember ever trying.  The Intensive Nurturing Body Balm with Sweet Almond Milk  (sample value $4.26) contains 25% shea butter and features a pleasant almond scent.  I love this size of lotion for my purse, and since I'm a compulsive hand lotion wearer, that's where it is promptly going.
I have perfumes selected as one of the items I prefer not to receive often, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy perfume samples.  I do, I was just tired of receiving Juicy Couture samples from Birchbox, as them seemed to have a heavy rotation.  The Catherine Malandrino sample ($3?) description says it "mingles summery fruits (Italian Mandarin, ruby red grapefruit, and Nashi pear) and florals for an elegant vibe", and at first spray my initial thought was "oh, another fruity floral".  After 15-20 minutes, however, it settles into something deeper and even a bit dusky (amber and musk are base notes), and I found myself sniffing my arm frequently.  I like!
I'm also a user of skin serums, typically samples that I receive, so the Caudalie Plyphenol anti-wrinkle defense serum ($4.13) will get put to good use. 

Last up is a sample of Benefit's They're Real! mascara ($7.66).  I'm drawing a blank of if I've tried this before, so it will be added to my rotation of mascaras when there is an opening.  The total value of this month's box is $28.79, but even more important, they are all items I will use :-)

Birchbox has also partnered with JetBlue with exclusive amenity kits for the new Mint Experience.  Jet Blue is not one of the airlines in my area, unfortunately, but based on the quiz included this month, it appears Portland is a city I'd like to visit.  Pretty accurate, as I did enjoy visiting Portland when I lived in the Boson area.  #Birchbox + #JetBlue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment