...

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Stay in Place Makeup in 2.0

 Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Last December I purchased one of the few remaining Double Wear Makeup value sets in my shade 2.0.  Containing the foundation, matte primer, concealer, and foundation brush, it was an economical way ($42.50 for $80 worth of product) way to try out some new items and old favorites (the Double Wear concealer, review here).  Today I'll be highlighting the Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place Makeup in 2.0.

The Double Wear Light foundation is supposed to provide medium coverage and perform well on oily skin, which definitely appeals to me.  I've got more than a few skin imperfections that need smoothing out but do not want anything that translates as "mask-like".  My oil slick prone skin has helped me out in the wrinkle department, but it also incurs its own set of issues such as causing foundations to oxidize quickly, breakup, or fade away. 
The shade 2.0 turned out to be a good match for my fair but warm toned skin, and the coverage is buildable without feeling heavy.  I used a different brush than the one included in the set and have had no issue with the makeup settling into pores or being streaky/uneven. 
Outside light
In tandem with the matte primer included in this set, I can get a good 8-9 hours of wear with makeup still looking intact and without excessive glow.  I always have some oil breakthrough, but I did find that the combo of these two helped to prolong the foundation's wear time. 
Inside light
Overall, I'm quite happy with this foundation, thumbs up!  You can still find the makeup value set at some retailers, although the color selection is now rather limited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment