...

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

MAKE Super Matte Lip Pencil

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
MAKE's Super Matte Lip Pencil is something a bit unique, or at least I don't have anything like it in my collection.  It's a colorless swivel up lip pencil and can be applied on top of lipstick to reduce shine for a mattifying effect.  I love a good matte lipstick, but finding an effective matte formula that doesn't dry out my lips has been a challenge.  Could this be a better option?
Well, I'd say yes!  The Super Matte Lip Pencil does indeed mattify when used on top of the lipsticks I've tried.  Furthermore, I can put a balm on underneath the lipstick and still get a matte finish with the pencil, which helps cut down on the dry lips effect.
My lips feel comfortable and I get extended wear with the Super Matte Lip Pencil.  The only issue I've experienced are some little nubby bits on my lips.  I can't figure out if they are byproducts of the pencil mixing with the lipstick or dead skin.  It's a bit irritating but nothing that's a deal breaker.  Also, I find the top a bit hard to remove.
Givenchy's Le Rouge Rose Dressing mattified
Maybelline's Vibrant Mandarin mattifed
Urban Decay's Catfight mattified
I love that I now have a selection of lipstick colors that can now go from high shine to matte in a flash with the Super Matte Lip Pencil.  Good find IMO, and reasonably priced at $23!
Vibrant Mandarin mattified

1 comment: