...

Friday, October 31, 2014

NOTD:Color Club's Sparkle and Soar with Penny for Your Thoughts

Glowing ember.  That's what the orange glass flecked Sparkle and Soar reminds me of, especially mattified with Julep's matte top coat.  I've been watching the news clips of the lava flow in Hawaii approaching that poor village, and Sparkle and Soar captures that vivid orange gold glimpsed under the charred black lava crust.
After a few days of matte orange, I topped with Wet n'Wild's Penny for your Thoughts, part of the Hot Rocks glitter collection from last year.  It looked perfect for Halloween, so of course I had to use it.  One coat produced more bar glitter than the octagons, but it works.
The dogs will be trick or treating at their grandmother's this evening, and Koi Lily wishes everyone a fun and safe Halloween! 
Linking up with The Nail Files, hosted by Jennie Shaw:
 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

9 comments:

  1. I'm not big on oranges, except when it's an incredible, and this is one of those cases I'm drooling! So perfect! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to hate the color orange, and now I love it. Go figure :-)

      Delete
  2. These nails remind me of the glittery pumpkin bath bomb/bubble bar thing that LUSH releases each Halloween!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Color Club polish is gorgeous!

    http://mollyandstacie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I've had it for a while but this is the first time I've worn it.

      Delete
  4. That is really pretty. I like the shimmer.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect orange for Halloween! And I love that we both dressed up our pups. They're so cute in costumes! Haha! Mine were little piggies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need pictures of the piggies, please post on your blog!

      Delete