...

Friday, October 17, 2014

Noteworthy: Estee Lauder LE Color Portfolio Now Available

2014 Color Portfolio:  Source:  Estee Lauder
Just wanted to alert you that Estee Lauder now has their limited edition Color Portfolio available for $37.50 with any purchase.  I bought the 2013 edition, and am seriously considering getting this one as well, even though there are some repeat eyeshadow/lip colors.
2013 LE Color Portfolio
Why am I considering getting it again?  Well, it's a fabulous deal, and I really, really like the one I got last year!  I love (LOVE) Estee Lauder blushes, and I don't have Alluring Rose or Mauve Mystique, two of the shades featured this year.  Considering Estee Lauder blushes are $32 each, the price of this palette is less than I'd pay for both blushes.  Plus, about half of the eyeshadows, 2/3rd of the lipsticks, and both glosses would be new to my collection....I may have just talked myself into getting this....
2013 Color Portfolio eyeshadows
Anyhow, in case you are wondering about the quality of the 2013 palette:  it was very good.  The blushes in particular are top of the line:  finely milled, smooth, nicely pigmented, skin enhancing, and long wearing.  The shadows are good:  while not intensely pigmented, they apply smoothly and wear well.

I'd say the main benefit of the lipsticks is the opportunity to try a variety of colors at a fraction of their price.  The downside is not being able to reapply during the day, given that the palette is not exactly portable.
2013 Color Portfolio lipsticks
I also really like Estee Lauder's Pure Color Intense Kajal liners, although I'm disappointed to see that this year's palette only includes black.  Last year's palette had a dual ended black/brown.  I also am loving the glosses from last year's set, in particular Praline shown below.  So some new shades to try out are another draw...
As of right now, I'm only seeing the Color Portfolio palette at esteelauder.com.  Last year several retailers featured it and I was able to get mine with a stackable GWP set.  I do remember this selling out quite quickly, however!  Update:  I'm now seeing the Color Portfolio available at Belk, Nordstrom, and Dillard's, and Belk and Nordstrom have Estee Lauder GWP's going on as well!
Included in the 2014 Portfolio:
•30 Pure Color EyeShadows: Ivory Slipper, Sandbar Beige, Nude Sunset Frost, Sugar Cube, Polished Platinum, Pink Flash, Sugar Biscuit, Hot Cinnamon, Riviera Rose, Tempting Mocha, Amazing Grey, Lilac Whimsy, Nude Fresco, Enchanted Forest, Wild Truffle, Candy Crave, Peacock Blue, Smoky Ember, Safari Green, Pretty Penny, Berry Burst, Razzle Dazzle Matte, Nocturnal Blue, Garnet Desire, Deep Berry Satin, Wild Sable, Amethyst Spark, Razzle Dazzle Frost, Intense Violet, and Lavish Mink
•16 Pure Color Lipstick shades: Vanilla Truffle, Coral Sun, Pink Parfait, Beige, Sugar Honey, Bois de Rose, Sunstone, Blushing, Hot Copper, Nectarine, Rubellite, Barely Nude, Autumn, Scarlet Siren, Fuschia Fever and Hot Kiss
•3 Pure Color Blush shades: Lover’s Blush, Alluring Rose and Mauve Mystique
Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer in Medium
•2 Pure Color Glosses (deluxe travel size) in Brazen Berry and Wired Copper
Pure Color Intense Kajal Eyeliner in Blackened Black (great for smoky eyes)
•4 Travel Size Applicators: Blush, Eyeshadow and Lip brushes.
•2 Look Cards to get started right now.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Veryyyy tempting. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually better than the holiday gift set last year, if I remember correctly. Just such a good value!

      Delete
  2. Hi I just purchase the Estee Lauder Portfolio over the phone from my Local Lord and Taylor's they were all out online. Looking forward to receiving my purchase. Looks so beautiful and DEFINITELY WORTH THE PRICE. Thanks for all your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got one too (from Nordstrom), really looking forward to receiving it! I've been using the 2013 palette for the past few days in anticipation :-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete