...

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Zum Soap Lover's Gift Set by Indigo Wild

Disclaimer:  I purchases this, links for convenience only.
I can't remember how I discovered Indigo Wild (email? another blog? catalog?), but I'm glad I did.  I've become addicted to their laundry soap, and their bar soaps and body washes are making me happy as well. 
The world according to Indigo Wild/Zum employees (Source:  Indigo Wild)
If you are not familiar with Indigo Wild, here are a few random facts:  they are located in Kansas City, MO, their Zum Bars contain such a high percentage of essential oils that they are considered therapeutic, and they love dogs and even bring them to work (sigh, I can only dream about that).  Seriously, you can see a slideshow of their dogs at the Furry Friends section of their web site.



But back to the soap sampler I purchased back in December from the online natural products retailer iherb.com.  Composed of three bar soaps, some samples of their laundry soap and body wash, and a soap sachet, it seemed like a good way to try out some of their core products. 
I also purchased two of the Zum Clean laundry soaps ($14.25 for 32 oz.) in Frankincense & Myrrh and Sea Salt.  I'm weird in that I actually get excited about cool smelling laundry soap, and these have the added advantage of having a simple and natural ingredient list:  Sodium cocoate (saponifed 100% coconut oil), sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), essential oils and glycerin (vegetable).  Note:  Frankincense & Myrrh does contain a fragrance oil as well.
As I'm typing this I'm washing a load in Sea Salt, and it is making my house smell so good!  The scents are not over powering nor do they leave your clothes heavily fragranced - there is just enough residual scent left after washing that my mind registers "this smells really good".  As far as I can tell, these clean just as well as mainstream detergents in my regular top loading washer that is pushing 14 years of age.
You can purchase directly from Indigo Wild but I chose iherb.com as they have slightly discounted prices ($12.59 for the Zum Clean laundry soap) and free shipping on domestic orders over $20.   My order arrived in about 3 days, definitely a good online shopping experience.  The Soap Lover's Gift Set ($20.55) is currently only offered at iherb.  The downside is that iherb's selection is not as extensive as Indigo Wild, and there are some other laundry scents I'd like to try.  Indigo Wild does have frequent specials going on, however, so registering for their emails is a good idea.
Source:  Indigo Wild
Oh, and the top five selling Zum bars - Frankincense & Myrrh, Sea Salt, Patchouli, Sandalwood-Citrus, and Lavender Mint - are now available at select Target stores, although they do not seem to have made it to Alabama yet. 

2 comments:

  1. I buy my Zum bars at Publix. Fresh Market also carries some Indigo Wild products; I got some bath salts there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I'll have to check both of those next time I'm out shopping, thanks for the heads up.

      Delete