...

Monday, March 2, 2015

Empties! Products I Used Up in February

Lots of products used up in February, so let's get to it!  I'll be giving more detailed views on the skincare and cosmetic products and then just highlights of my favorites from the haircare/body items set:
  1.  Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist:  I love using facial sprays to hydrate my face prior to applying.  I find this one to be overpriced at $35 for just 3.3 oz and was surprised to see alcohol as the second ingredient.  I think there are better options available, including one I'll show later.
  2. Acure Day Cream:  I really liked this moisturizer, which features Gotu Kola Stem Cells to firm and help skin fight environmental damage and free radicals and 1% Chlorella Growth Factor  to support collagen and elastin fibers.  It's inexpensive at about $18 and I'm liking that the ingredients used by this company are fair trade, natural, and organic.  I would repurchase. 
  3. Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster (see full review here):  I love this stuff, as it gives me just enough color without looking fake or overdone.  This bottle lasted almost a full year and I've already replaced it with a new one. 
  4. Julep Bare Face Cleansing Oil ($28):  I liked Julep's entry into the cleansing oil market, although it's not my favorite (DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil  still retains that spot, review here).  Bare Face has a heavier texture and leaves a slightly greasy after feel, although it removes most makeup quite well.  I do a dual cleanse with a foaming cleanse afterwards, which removes any residual makeup.  Bare Face may be a better option for those with dryer complexions, but I'd use it if any bottle came my way in a mystery box, for example.
  5. Bear Naked Wipes by Josie Maran:  I wasn't expecting to like these, but I did (full review here).  They are more expensive than I care to pay for a nail polish remover, however.
  6. Solid Brush Cleanser by Japonesque ($20):  This was an Ulta GWP, and I liked the goat's milk formula with it's gentle cleansing and brush conditioning qualities.  I found the scent pleasant, which is a good thing considering the fragrance does linger on the brushes for a while.  The formula is low lathering and it can take a few washes to clean brushes saturated with pigment.  Doubt I'll repurchase as $20 is a bit expensive, IMO.
  7. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Herbs and Rosewater ($7):  Now this is a facial spray I can get behind.  Inexpensive and natural ingredient based, I will be repurchasing.
  8. GLAMGLOW POWERMUD Dualcleanse Treatment ($69):  Eh, the several uses I got out of the deluxe sample didn't really impress me one way or the other.  I couldn't tell that my skin really benefited, plus I found it confusing that it said to apply to clean skin, yet it's supposed to also be a cleanser.  Given how expensive this is, I would not purchase.
  9. Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter Gel Definition Mascara ($26):  I did not care for this mascara, as I found it difficult to work with.  The gel formula was a bit gloopy and stringy, and invariably some would end up on my skin instead of my lashes.  You can see that happening in the lower inner corner of my eye above.
  10. Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream in Light to Medium:  I really like this, and want to purchase a full sized one.  Once it's back in stock at Birchbox I'll probably use my points to do that, as it's a bit expensive at $32.
 I'm still in search of a good hairspray, as none seem to be hitting me just right.  Frizz Ease is one of the strongest hold ones I've used, too strong in fact.  It does give unmoveable hair if that's your goal, but I found it a bit disconcerting.
I recently discovered Indigo Wild's roster of Zum products (bar soap, laundry soap, body wash, etc.), and I'm smitten.  Review on some items upcoming, but til then, the Zum Wash in Rosemary-Mint is an invigorating shower gel with a realistic and refreshing scent that comes from essential oils.  The formula contains no detergents, triclosan, parabens, sulfates, or phthalates, just saponified oils of certified organic coconut, olive, castor, and jojoba. 

 Whew, that was a lot of stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment