...

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Shopping my Stash for Beige Blush

Sometimes I restrain myself from purchasing a new cosmetic item by shopping my own stash.  I did this recently when contemplating getting one of the new Clinique Pop blushes during the recent Sephora VIB sale.  I already own 2 of the orignial 4 colors - Peach and Plum Pop - and while I like them, I don't love them.  But the lure of the new, you know how it is.
But the thing is, I've already got a ridiculous number of blushes.  Ridiculous.  So I perused my collection and decided to pull out all the ones that fall into the beige/tan category.  I love a good neutral blush color, and these definitely fall into that category, with some working equally well as bronzers for fair skin. 
Estee Lauder Lover's Blush, Tarte Stellar
First up is Estee Lauder's Lover's Blush (links are to full reviews).  I was surprised at how rosy it turned when heavily swatched.  Using a brush resulted in a more sheer, shimmery tan, whereas swatching with my finger brought out the underlying rose tone. 
Stellar by Tarte was from the 2013 holiday Fantastic Foursome blush set, and I believe it was intended as more of a bronzer/contour shade.  It seems like the Amazonian Clay blush formula varies from release to release :-/  Tarte just hasn't done it for me in a while, for some reason.
Ignore the pink in the upper left corner, and next I'll show you two discontinued blushes and an Australian brand that's available at Ulta.
Clockwise from upper right:  Tralee, 957, Blushing Beige
We'll start with Sue Devitt's discontinued Tralee Silky Blush, the light pink/beige on the top right corner.  You can still find this blush at various outlets that are selling off existing Sue Devitt stock at heavily discounted prices (I got mine at allcosmesticswholesale.com for about $6).  Figures I'd develop a greater appreciation for Sue Devitt now that the brand has folded, but it was never a very accessible brand.  Tralee is a mauve beige with a subtle silver glow and is really lovely.  Worth tracking down if this kind of color appeals to you.
Below Tralee is Australian organic brand Nvey Eco 957, and it's fairly close in color to Tralee.  This blush has a great talc free formula and includes a blend of corn silk, chamomile and jojoba oil, along with Vitamins A, C, E to help protect skin from free radicals. 
Rounding out this trio is a longtime favorite of mine from a brand that has gone through several morphs and is now known as True Isaac Mizrahi.  You may have noticed True Cosmetics recently on Hautelook, as they are selling off their old stock now that Isaac Mizrahi has acquired them for his own cosmetic line.  Blushing Beige has long been discontinued (I've had mine may 6-7 years?), but the formula is great.  Hopefully they are maintaining the formula in this new iteration, as it features white and green tea extracts and performs really well. 
Next is the one cream blush I have that could be classified as a tan/beige shade and a close dupe for the discontinued Blushing Beige.  Both are tried and true favorites.
Tenne and Starina
Le Metier de Beaute has a great cream blush formula, and Tenne is a unique to my collection mauve tan.  The blush was melting in the sun so I ended up applying more than I normally would, but it gives you an idea of it's true color and how it can be built up.
Starina by Rouge Bunny Rouge is a golden tan and can easily be used a bronzer for the fair complected.  I love the formula and want to acquire some more blushes from this line, crossing my fingers that they show up on Hautelook at some point.
Last up is Clarin's limited edition face powder/blush Graphic Expression and my all time favorite blush, Estee Lauder's Sensuous Rose.
Graphic Expression and Sensuous Rose
Graphic Expression can be used a face powder or a blush, depending on what parts of the palette used.  Swirling all the colors together captures the pink bars and produces a peachy beige color.
Estee Lauder's Sensuous Rose is the blush that sets the bar for me when it comes to other blushes.  It started me on my quest to collect other Esee Lauder blush colors, as I love the formula, but it remains my favorite to date.  Just lovely.
A final look at my beige/tan blushes, which I hope you have enjoyed.  It's definitely helped bring some of my favorites back to my attention, as well as curbed my desire to acquire more blushes that are not needed.  How often do you shop your stash?

No comments:

Post a Comment