...

Monday, April 20, 2015

Something Old, Something New, Nothing Borrowed, Something Blue: April Le Métier de Beauté VIP Box

April's Le Métier de Beauté VIP subscription box brought me something old, something new, and something blue - and the new blue is really something!

The something old are two limited edition nail polishes:  the gold/celadon Tinsel Town ($18) and the deep green Made in the Jade ($18), both from the 2012 fall/winter collection.  Tinsel Town is meant to be a transforming shade when worn over other polishes, although it can be worn on it's own for a light celery shimmer. 


I've only worn Tinsel Town on it's own thus far, and since it's been raining NONSTOP FOR DAYS, I've only got this crappy indoor photo to show you.  Note that I'm holding the sun captive.  I'm also sporting Julep's Sofia on my thumb and ring finger, which is a sheer spring green with a flash of aqua iridescent glitter that also glows in the dark. 
Now for the something new and something blue:  a robin's egg blue eye shadow ($30) created just for the VIP service.
If I didn't know what I know about LMdB shadows, I would have dismissed this out of hand.  While gorgeous, this is not exactly a wearable color for me on it's own.  However, LMdB shadows are meant to be layered, and they are spectacular in that respect.
So I pulled out a few of my eye kaleidoscopes and went to town layering the robin's egg blue over some of the other colors.  The blue cools down or neutralizes warmer colors and not once did any combination turn muddy.  Just so pretty! 
Here I layered the blue over some bareMinerals and Buxom shadows (both cream and powder based), and it worked equally well.  I started with some very warm leaning golds and browns, layered the blue on the outer half of the eye and in the crease, and ended up with an antiqued gold/pewter with just a hint of blue.
Another combo:
                       



                         +






I was possessed with a strong urge to buy even more Le Métier de Beauté products this week but have managed to restrain myself.  Thank goodness for the VIP service, which continues to satisfy my desire for all things LMdB.

No comments:

Post a Comment