...

Monday, April 6, 2015

Empties! Products I Used Up (or Chucked) in March

Out with the old, and in with the new - or what I finished or threw out in March.  Lots to get through here, so let's start with the foils:
  • DHC Head Oil, a favorite for getting rid of hair product build up without striping my hair.  Full review here.  
  • DHC Olive Leaf Lotion:  I'm powering my way through my many DHC samples, and their lotions are actually what we in the west call toners.  This one contains antioxidant-rich olive leaf extract and moisture-retaining serine to help fight free radicals and keep skin looking and feeling soft and hydrated.
  • Zum Wash in Frankincense & Myrrh:  A nice body wash, I liked it.  
  • DHC PQQ Cream:  This is a new product line from DHC, and PQQ is an antioxidant coenzyme that promotes natural cell turnover and fights the aging effects of glycation caused by sugar.  
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer:  Eh, I don't get the fuss about Smashbox's primers.  
  • Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion:  Umm, I was too sleepy the first time I tried this, and kept thinking "why isn't this lathering up" as I scrubbed myself with the bath poof.  Once I realized it was a lotion and not a body wash, I smoothed the remaining amount on my legs.  They did feel soft and moisturized after my shower.
  • Jump Start Bod Lotion:  There was a miniscule amount of lotion in this oversized foil, so any positives it may have had is outweighed by my irritation at trying to get enough product out to moisturize my legs.
  • DHC Kakonjuka Lotion:  has more a serum like consistency, and contains six botanicals: maitake mushroom, Platycarya strobilacea, great burnet, purslane, reishi mushroom and licorice.     
  • Wei Manuka Bee Venom Mask:  I could feel a slight sensation, not quite stinging, while I had this one.  I like to think that means its doing something, but who really knows?  One pod did give me about 3 uses, so that's good.
  • Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Thy Godfather's Present imp:  A bruised purple bundle of herbs with hyssop and life-everlasting, used in my oil burner.
  • MINU Hair Serum by Davines:  I liked this serum formulated to protect colored hair - very nice!  I'd purchase if I ever run out of hair serums/oils, but it's not likely in this lifetime....
  • Tatcha Ageless Enriching Renewal Cream:  If money wasn't an issue and I didn't have the skincare product attention span of a fly, I'd like to explore this brand more.  The cream was very nice.
  • The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream:  I made it about half way through the tube before it went bad.  The ingredient list was impressive, but I was just 'eh' about it.
  • Nude Omega Cleansing Jelly:  This was...strange.  It didn't do much for me.
  • First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads:  I like these, and have gone through a full sized jar in the past, full review here.  
  • Essential Elements Shower Gel:  A nice rosemary scent, nothing to complain about.
  • Eminence Red Current Mattifying Mist:  This had started to smell 'off', so I tossed it.
  • boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel:  This was my morning in the shower facial cleanser for the past few months, I liked it a lot.  I'd repurchase.  
  • Malin+Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser:  I used this in the evenings after removing my makeup with an oil cleanser.  It's another amino acid based lathering cleanser and I liked it as well.  Did you know grapefruit is antibacterial?  I didn't.

  • Ole Henriksen Lavender Body Oil:  I picked this up several years back and it's long been discontinued.  I decided to use it as a body moisturizer in the shower this winter, which allowed me to finally finish it off.  Yeah me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment