...

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

This and That: Dogs Hunting Easter Eggs and FOTD

Disclaimer:  Links are to full reviews of products purchased by me.
All the dogs in my family get a birthday party to mark their first year of life, so we celebrated my mother's dog's birthday on Easter.  The birthday dog Echo Rain is a Sheltie, and my dogs Lulu, Lily and Maggie joined in on the Easter egg hunt fun.  Echo caught on immediately but would just crack the eggs open with her teeth, allowing the treats inside to fall to the ground, which my dogs immediately gobbled up.  So, a little human assistance was required.
Echo, Lulu, Lily
After all the eggs had been found, it was time for Echo to open her presents.  Lulu thought it was going a bit too slow, however, so jumped in to help.
 Fortunately,  the presents were well received by everyone.
For this momentous occasion, my FOTD featured soft greens and peaches.  All links are to full reviews I've done on the products used.
For my eyes, I used Benefit's Birthday Suit cream shadow as a base, paired with shadows Sensational and Controversy from The Wild Thing palette by bareMinerals.  Sensational is such a pretty duochrome green, and Controversy helped soften a rather dodgy stila Indigo liquid liner that is on it's last leg and didn't want to cooperate with me.  Mascara is L'Oreal's Voluminous Butterfly Intenza (still forming impressions) and brows are Armani's Eye & Brow Maestro in Medium Brown 04.
On my cheeks I've got MAKE's Geisha Satin Finish blush, which was more pink that I was looking for.  So, I powdered it down with translucent powder, which softened it up and worked better with the overall look, I think. 
Easter FOTD
On my lips I'm wearing the ever problematic Orange Blossom from NYX's Macaroon Lippies, topped with the almost equally difficult Luca from Tom Ford's Lips & Boys.  Finishing off with Le Metier de Beaute's clear VIP gloss helped smooth out the lip line settling issues a bit.  Foundation is CoverFX's Custom Cover Drops N35 (review upcoming) mixed with Josie Maran's Argan Illuminizer in a base of It Cosmetic's No. 50 Serum (review upcoming).  I've been having lots of fun playing with the foundation drops for the last week or so!
Easter Bunny Lily Raisin
The dogs and I hope you enjoyed this look at our day:-)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a fun doggie birthday party/Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I may have been more excited about the Easter Egg hunt than the dogs were :-)

      Delete