...

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Clinique Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator in Blush

 Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Last summer was the time I became enthralled with liquid illuminators and acquired more than a few, include the lovely Clinique Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator (awkward name).
Described as a sheer blushing pink with white shimmer, it can be used to highlight strategic spots or to bring an all over facial glow when mixed with foundation.  I love mixing highlighters with foundations, and thought Clinique's version was comparable (perhaps a bit more sparkly) to the Giorgio Armani's Fluid Sheers, or at least the one I've tried (full review here).
Concentrated
Blended/bright sun
When blended with BB/CC creams or liquid foundations, the sparkle is minimal at best.  When used on the cheeks or to highlight other areas of the face, you can definitely see glow with a hint of color.
Clinique CC Cream + Up-lighting Illuminator + CoverFX drops
You can definitely see the highlight on my cheeks, and for a touch more color I used Estee Lauder's Pure Color Blush in Pink Kiss on the apples of my cheeks.  On my lips I'm wearing one of the lip duos from Le Métier de Beauté's Gemini Kiss lip/cheek kaleidoscope (full review here).   I really enjoyed this FOTD, as I wanted something polished but light for an all day faculty workshop I attended.
For the next look I used two pumps of the Up-lighting Illuminator mixed with Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation in Sand.  Again, I think Sand is not quite right the right shade for me, as my neck seems lighter than my face in pictures.  You can get an idea of how the illuminator looks on it's own as a blush, however.
Clinique's Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator is available in 3 shades - Natural, Bronze, and Blush - and retails for $26.  Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment