...

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June Birchbox: Say Yes!

June's Birchbox them was Say Yes! to adventure:  exploring the unknown, dreaming beyond the horizon, and letting go of the word "no".  Sounds good to me, although I have zero intention of scuba diving with sharks or anything like that. 
The contents of my June box have got me feeling pretty good though.  The first item, the Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect leave-in hair conditioner (sample value $4.80) is actually a favorite of mine and I had just finished the last bottle I had, also from Birchbox (I cancelled my original Birchbox subscription and resubscribed, hence the repeats).  I've enjoyed all the N4 hair products I've tried, really nice line.
Word on the street is that the travel-sized Marcelle eye pencils were last minute fill-ins for the detained by customs Eyeko Fat Liners that were supposed to be in June's box.  I received a stunning peacock blue called Electric Blue (sample value $7.33), and I'm liking both the color and the formula, as I had zero smudging/transfer on my upper lid
The Coola SPF50  sunscreen/moisturizer in Fresh Mango (sample value $3.20) does indeed have a nice tropical fruit scent that I'll be using on my hands.  I like the texture/consistency and the high SPF, and need something to protect my hands when I'm driving.  Love the organic/natural ingredient list.
I've received the Real Chemistry Luminous 3-minute Peel (sample value $4.80) before as well, but had only used it once.  I tried it again and am not really sure what to think at this point.  This acid-free peel does indeed form little balls when I rub it on my face, but I've always suspected products like this of doing that no matter what you rub them on.  I read somewhere (Unboxing Beauty's blog, I believe) that you can test it by rubbing it on a flat non-skin surface so I tried it on a plate and it did not ball up.  So, I'll keep using my two tubes for a more informed impression. 
I'm looking forward to trying the Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser (sample value $1.20), especially now that I've finished most of the cleansers I've been rotating (you can see those here). 
The red Emi Jay hair tie (sample value $3) is a nice little extra, and maybe my hair will be long enough again to wear it some day.  Also included in every box this month was a code to enter that could win you prizes or discount codes  Mine was a 20% discount code, which I used along with points to get the Juara Coffe & Creme Skin Smoothing Body Ritual set ($49) for free (review here). 

The total box value for June was $24.33, and I'm a happy Birchbox camper:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment