...

Thursday, June 18, 2015

YSL Cherry my Cherie #5 Volupté Tint-In-Oil: Sample Series #9

Disclaimer:  Sample received with purchase.
I was pleasantly surprised by YSL's Volupté Tint-In-Oil in the shade Cherry my Cherie.  I say pleasantly, as I'd remembered reviews being on the mixed side for these innovative lip tints.
I say innovative, as this spring is the first time I can remember seeing lip tints arrive in the form of an oil (Clarins has a version as well).  The color of the oil before applying is a bit deceiving, as the color deepens after it's been on the skin a while.  Cherry my Cherie is one of the more vibrant shades with it's strawberry pink hue, although it appears that several of the tints morph into similar colors.
The formula features apricot kernel, coriander fruit, jojoba seed and passiflora edulis seed oils, which did indeed translate to comfortable wear and moisturized lips for a good 3-4 hours.  After the oil and sheen have worn off, my lips still had a nice pink stain to them and applying a good balm took me through the day without feeling the need to reapply color.
The price is a bit steep at $32, although I'd consider buying Cherry My Cherie during a sale or to get a good GWP offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment