...

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

NYX Femme Extra Creamy Round Lipstick

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Femme is the kind of color that calls out to me during the warm weather months.  Described as a bright pink-red cream (it leans coral red to me), Femme can be worn opaque for statement making color, or sheered out for a softer flushed look.
Considering the uber reasonable price of $4, this is a nicely formulated lipstick.  It has a thin consistency but I found it easy to build up color in one pass.  My one complaint is the appearance of skin nubies despite having exfoliated my lips.  I do not know were they come from!
I had no issues with migration, but I'd say wear time is on the shorter side of about 2-3 hours, no doubt a reflection of the lightweight formula.  It's not so much that the color disappears, but more that my lips feel in need of more moisture.  I wouldn't say Femme is drying though, if that makes any sense.  Probably not.
The above was taken last July when I acquired Femme.  Next is Femme with Le Métier de Beauté's Creme de la Creme gloss on top, which gives it a bit of shimmer with high shine.

The next pictures are from a few days ago, applied sheerly and with By Terry's clear Baume de Rose lip balm on top.  A hydrating balm or gloss on top definitely makes Femme more wearable for me.
Lastly, here is Femme compared to NYX's liquid lipstick in Morocco (full review here).  Definitely a softer sister to Morocco's impressive matte intensity:
Bottom line:  great color, pretty good formula for the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment