...

Monday, October 26, 2015

October Birchbox: Positive Force

October's Birchbox theme is "Positive Force", and Birchbox is doing their part to raise awareness and money for breast cancer by partnering with Estee Lauder to fund one year of breast cancer lab research hours.  Admirable!  Lots of good things in my box as well, so let's take a look.
I was quite happy to see BioRepublic's Aloe Rescue Revitalizing Fiber Mask ($4.83) in my box, as I've read good things about these.  Korean skincare is where it's at, so I'm always happy when I get to sample some new to me brands.
I've sampled Klorane's Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk ($6.25) before and remember being a fan.  It's pricier than I want to pay for a dry shampoo, but that makes getting another sample even better.
I actually purchased Jouer's Matte Moisture Tint Sunscreen ($4) after receiving a sample a few years back.  I'll be giving this one to my mom so she can try it out and see what she thinks.
I believe everyone got a mascara this month, and mine was stila's Huge Extreme Lash ($10.62).  I've worn it twice now and found it easy to apply, even with the honking big brush.  However, I did experience some smudging on my lower lash line (despite it's smudge proof claims), which makes it no go for me when it comes to purchasing.  I've got super oily skin so perhaps others will have better results.
Last up is Number 4's Restore & Repair Oil ($6.50), which I've yet to try.  I've got such a surplus of hair serums/oils that I rotate, but I am looking forward to adding this one to the mix.  It features argan and sunflower oil mixed with an interesting array of natural extracts, although 'cones are at the top of the ingredient list.  I've really liked the Number 4 product line thus far, so we shall see.

This month's box total was $32.20, which is quite good for my $10 investment. Happy camper here!

No comments:

Post a Comment