...

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Rapture Afterglow Blush by Urban Decay

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Cooler weather brings to mind a different color palette - plum and deep berry tones, in particular.  Those are colors I usually can only carry off on my nails, but I wanted to try one of Urban Decay's new Afterglow blushes and the plum toned Rapture ($26) seemed like a unique addition to my collection.
Afterglow blushes are described as being finely milled, the result of the right balance of coated powders and pigments.  Based on Rapture, I'd say that's right, as it applies seamlessly and is very easy to build up color.
Rapture has a soft shimmer that provides a nice sheen without emphasizing pores, and it pairs quite nicely with Urban Decay's Revolution lipstick in Manic. I'm also wearing UD's eyeshadow Laced (review here) and two discontinued 24/7 eyeliners - 1999 and Baked.  I still shake my head and wonder why those were discontinued.
Manic Revolution lipstick
Laced eyeshadow, 1999 and Baked 24/7 eyeliners
The Afterglow blushes are supposed to wear for 8 hours, which is a realistic claim.  My oily skin tends to rapidly break down makeup, but I can still see color at the end of my day.  Rapture gets a thumbs up from me and I think it will see plenty of wear this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment