...

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Rose Gold Caviar Stick Eye Colour by Laura Mercier

I've wanted to try one of Laura Mercier's Caviar Sticks for the longest, having heard such good things about them.  The travel sized Rose Gold was part of the Flawless Eyes set exclusive to Saks (review of eye shadow palette here), and it's a beauty.
This is the kind of color that I love for an all over base shade on it's own, or as an inner eye and lower lash line brightener.  The formula is so easy to work with, as the color lays down smoothly and wears well on my oily lids for a good eight hours over primer.
I did a comparison with Vasanti's Rose Gold eyeliner pencil. Urban Decay's 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Sin (discontinued), Rimmel's ScandalEYES in Bulletproof Beige, and Tarte's SmoulderEyes in Champagne (LE).  No exact dupes to speak of, and all of these are good performers.  I'd say the Caviar Stick fomula is one of the easier ones to use an an all over eye shade.
At $28, these are on the higher end of the spectrum, but I'll be keeping my eye out for any future sets of the Caviar Sticks.  Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment