1. Which product do you still keep buying more of, in spite of having plenty in your collection?
Coral pink lipsticks. I finally did a post on most of them (I keep finding more in my stash), if only to convince myself that I do NOT need any more coral pink lip products.
2. What's the one product you can't live without?
Lip gloss, in particular, lip gloss that makes my lips feel moisturized. I've got way more lip gloss than lipstick, and if I can find a nicely pigmented gloss that moisturizes my lips without being too sticky, I'm picking that over lipstick any day. For years, Buxom's lip gloss was my go to, but I've since branched out lots....
3. Favorite makeup brand?
Le Métier de Beauté (LMdB), no doubt heavily influenced by the VIP subscription service, which has allowed me to try a broad range of their products. I love their eye shadows and how you can layer them for endless color combinations that never go muddy. Their cream blush formula is divine and just so easy to work with. Tenne has become a neutral go to color for me, and I
- Fujimoto Eye Kaleidoscope
- Tenné Creme Fresh Tint
- After Dark Kaleidoscope (shimmering mauve blush)
- Nudite Dualistic Lip Pencil
- Gemini Kiss Lip Kaleidoscope
- Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Pressed Powder (Shade 2)
Let me phrase it with this quote from Four Weddings and a Funeral, which was actually in the context of sex partners, but I think you can still get the gist: "Less than Madonna, more than Princess Di - I hope". Or in other words, less than some, more than most.
5. And how do you store it?
My house has 3 small bedrooms all roughly the same size, and one of them is used as my makeup room. I'm trying to not outgrow the current containers/furniture pieces/space I've allotted already, but the seams are straining a bit.
6. How many items of makeup have you got in your handbag at the moment?
Eight lip glosses. See #2.
7. If you could raid another blogger's stash, who would it be?
Hmmm. Probably The Beauty Professor's for foundations, as we share similar skin tones and she's got everything you could want in foundations. For facial oils and lipstick, it would be Lola's Secret Beauty Blog. For perfume, it would be Kafkaesque, as she delves deep beyond the mainstream and knows her stuff. To tap into Asian brands, it would be Musings of a Muse.
8. How long does your usual makeup routine take and how many products do you use?
Post cleansing, I'd say 45-50 minutes. I hate being rushed and enjoy my morning ritual of music, coffee, and makeup. I'm also easily distracted and have to police 3 dogs that always seem to find something to distract me with.
9. Have you ever bought makeup knowing you wouldn't use it?
No, because I'm all about the smell/texture/color/feel of makeup, and you can't experience that if you don't use it!
10. Tag a few other makeup addicts to do this tag!
Mauve at Lilting-Grace, Jasmine at The Happy Sloths, and Lola from Lola's Secret Beauty Blog, if they are so inclined :-)