...

Sunday, April 9, 2017

#365 Days of Samples: Week 7

It's week 7 of my #365 Days of Samples series, where I'm attempting to make a dent in my more than ample collection of samples. I learned about this series from Elle S on YouTube, and I've got to say I look forward to drawing my new samples every Sunday. But first, let's take a look at the samples from last week and how much progress I made.
I made it through 5 foil samples this week, but neglected several of the deluxe sized samples from previous weeks, so my overall sample list is getting longer.  Progress, nevertheless, which I'll take.
The DHC Ceramide Cream sample had gone bad based on it's smell, and considering I've got lots of DHC samples that have been sitting around for ages, I'll probably encounter more that have gone off now that I'm making my way through them.
DHC is changing the way they send out samples now that they've hit their 20th anniversary in the U.S., and will be sending out samples in the complete catalogs every 3 months, with mini digests of their most popular products in the other months.  They did say that more samples will be included in the complete catalogs, so the amount will not decrease, just the frequency. They really are quite generous with what they send out, and maybe this will give me a leg up on what I already have.
The Resveratrol line of products have been discontinued by DHC, so I won't go into great detail, but I did like the feel of this milky essence. Dermstore still has stock online, but this is a pricey option at $61 a bottle. I think there are comparable products out there at a more reasonable price.
The Olive Leaf Cream ($42 for 1.4 oz.) has a heavier texture than I care for, although it did not cause problems for my oily skin.  Considering this line is targeted at mature and sun-damaged skin and mine is both, I should probably give it more than a passing glance. I know mature skin is often assumed to be dry, but mine is not, and this is just too heavy for me, so I would not purchase.
Wild Child by Pinrose ($55 is a gardenia and jasmine centric white floral with the marketing tag line of "Unleash your inner troublemaker with flirty white flowers. Best worn with a twinkle in your eye."  Now, I'm a fan of white florals and wore Marc Jacobs and Estee Lauder's Pleasures as signature scents for years.  Those are more nuanced wheras I find Pinrose to be a very linear scent that was just too sweet and strong for me (it does have good longevity). I'd reach for Kai ($76) over Pinrose ($55).
For some reason I had to force myself to use the Guerlain Abeille Royale facial oil, and I like facial oils. I think it was because the ingredient list did not impress me, especially at it's $98 price tag. I know this is a proprietary blend of bee based ingredients (New Generation Pure Royal Concentrate, an exclusive blend of Ouessant Honey, Royal Jelly, and a new combination of honeys, including honey from Corsica), but it's hard to see that in the ingredient list. 
As to performance, the first time I used it was okay, but the second time I tried layering it over an essence, and it was sticky as all get out. I ended up rinsing it off as I knew I'd wake up with dog hair stuck to my face if I didn't. I would not purchase.
Time for the samples I randomly selected for week 7 of #365 Days of Samples! They will be listed first below, followed by the samples I am still working on or have yet to try :-)

  1. Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment (foil)
  2. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (foil)
  3. Verb Mild+ Shampoo & Enrich+ Conditioner (foils)
  4. Nude Perfect Cleanse Omega Cleansing Jelly (foils)
  5. Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques Lash Conditioner (deluxe sample)
  6. Fan di Fendi eau de parfum (spray vial)
  7. Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion (foil)
  8. DHC Face Wash Powder (foil)
  9. bareEssentuals Stroke of Light (deluxe sample)
  10. boscia Oil-Free Night Hydrator (deluxe sample, probably half full)
  11. Keratase Resistance Vita Cemont Topseal hair reconstructing milk (foil)
  12. Sunshine Oil by Milk Makeup (deluxe sample)
  13. Eve Lom Moisturizing Mask (foil)
  14. Obliphica Seaberry Hair Serum (deluxe sample)

No comments:

Post a Comment