...

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Lipstick Roulette v. 3: What I'm Keeping and What I'm Tossing

Time for an overview of the lip products I selected for v. 3 of my Lipstick Roulette series. If you are unfamiliar with what a Lipstick Roulette is, I got the idea from Elle S on YouTube. It's where you randomly select a number of lip items to wear over a specified period of time (I'm doing 7 products over a 2 week period), with the goals of rotating through your products and decluttering those that no longer work for you.
Let's start with Le Metier de Beaute's Creme de la Creme. It's a milky beige gloss with a faint shimmer and works best over a lipstick, as it washes me out on it's own. I do like the formula and these cost an arm and a leg ($36), so I will be keeping it.
Le Metier de Beaute Creme de la Creme
Charming is one of the Meet Matt(e) Hughes liquid lipsticks ($17) by theBalm, and I like both the formula and the warm deep mauve color. I find it comfortable to wear, non-drying, and relatively long lasting (4-5 hours or longer if not eating). I will be keeping Charming.
Trixie by Buxom ($20) is a sheer light pink gloss with shimmer. I love the Buxom lip gloss formula, and Trixie is a great spring/summer lip topper worn either on it's own or over a more opaque lipstick (in the photos below I'm wearing it over Sweetie). I'll be keeping.
Buxom Trixie
Sweety by Bite Beauty is a limited edition (no longer available) matte creme lip crayon ($24), and the only Bite Beauty product I've purchased to date. It's insanely pigmented, comfortable to wear, and the perfect flamingo pink for hot weather wear. I'm a fan and will be keeping it.
Rendezvous Colorburst Balm Stain by Revlon (~$6) is a vibrant orange glossy balm and I really like how it looks and feels when I wear it. Another great warm weather color that I will be keeping in my collection.
Revlon Rendezvous
Peach Parfait Colorburst Lip Butter by Revlon ($8-9) is my favorite of the line, and I'm this close to finishing it. I love the soft shimmer and color gloss it leaves on my lips and find it uber easy and comfortable to wear. Definitely keeping!
Everybody and their sister/brother who shops at Sephora is probably familiar with the Velvet matte lip pencil Cruella by Nars ($27), considering it was a Sephora birthday gift a few years back. While I don't wear red lips that often, I find Cruella to be an easy one to pull off, both in terms of application, finish, and wear. I'll be keeping.
That's right, I'm tossing nothing from the v.3 Lipstick Roulette products! Now, let's see what I chose for v. 4:
  1. Natural Matte Lip color by e.l.f.
  2. Paiette Sparklicity Gloss by Tarina Tarantino
  3. Pink Passion Pop Balm by bareMinerals
  4. Femme Extra Creamy Round Lipstick by NYX Cosmetics
  5. Athens Long Wear Lip Gloss by CARGO
  6. Seductive Honey Pure Color Envy Sculpting Gloss by Estee Lauder
  7. Pink Truffle Colorburst Lip Butter by Revlon

2 comments:

  1. How do you select which to pick? Totally random through a generator, blindly grab from your collection or your choice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got them separated by color family in small boxes or in lipstick organizers, and I close my eyes and then pull one out. There are more than 7 boxes, so I try to rotate through them. I'm keeping the ones used in a separate box so that I don't select them again.

      Delete