...

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Lipstick Roulette v. 1 Results: What I'm Keeping and What I'm Tossing

I've been using the 7 lip items I randomly selected for the first volume of my Lipstick Roulette for 2 weeks, and now it's to decide what I'm going to keep and what I'm going to toss. First, here's a reminder of the items I selected. All links are to the original reviews.
  • Buxom Bambi Big & Healthy Lip Polish (discontinued?): Buxom lip glosses are my favorite, and Bambi is a sheer apricot shimmer. It's a good topper for more opaque lip colors, although I enjoyed using it for a juicy ombre look when paired with Tarte's Energy Lipsurgence lip crayon. KEEP

  • Revlon Sunstone Ultra HD Lip Lacquer: I was on the fence about this one, as I do not like the brush applicator and the formula is a bit thick. However, applying with a lip brush thins out this highly pigmented gloss enough, making it more wearable for me.  It's a pretty color, wears well, and feels slightly hydrating, so I'm KEEPING. 
  • Nars Rikugien Satin Lip Pencil: This was the 2015 birthday gift from Sephora, and I haven't shown it much attention in a long time. It's a soft rose shimmer that is pretty, but the wear time is on the shorter side at 2-3 hours. Okay, this is a TOSS.
  • ColourPop Toucan Matte Lippie Stick (discontinued): This was one of the first ColourPop Lippied Sticks that I purchased, and it's almost neon in it's brightness. Pretty color, especially for the warmer weather months. I like that the undertone is more warm, like a watermelon pink, so this one is a KEEP.
  • Nvey Eco Flirt Hydrating Lustre: Nvey Eco is a really pretty shimmery brick color with surprisingly good pigmentation for a gloss. I like the brand, formula, and color, so this is a KEEP.
  • Urban Decay Catfight Revolution Lipstick (discontinued): This is a deluxe sample that I received somewhere along the way. Catfight is vibrant hot fushcia pink color that takes some courage for me to wear and I end up blotting it to tone down the intensity, but it is pretty and I like the now discontinued Revolution formula. Realistically though, will I ever reach for this? Probably not, so it's a TOSS.
  • Becca Beach Tint Lip Shimmer Souffle in Raspberry/Opal (discontinued): Was this always so thick and goopy? I looked back at my original swatches and I think this has thickened over time. While it looks pretty on, it's just so sticky! I'm torn....on the plus side, it does last well (5+ hours) and feels hydrating on my lips. But, I'm TOSSING. 
I can see where this series is going to help me further weed through my collection, as I'm tossing 3 of the 7. Here are FOTD's with the 4 that made the cut:
Revlon Sunstone
Bambi + Tarte's Energy
ColourPop Toucan
Nvey Eco Flirt
For the second volume of Lipstick Roulette, I randomly chose these 7 lip products to wear the next two weeks, with the ultimate goal of wheedling down my collection to only those items I really enjoy!
  1. Copenhagen Soft Lip Matte by NYX
  2. Little Susie Butter Lipstick by NYX
  3. Electric Coral Creme by Julep
  4. Melted Peony by Too Faced
  5. Naomi by Buxom (discontinued)
  6. Rosewood C211 by Make Up For Ever
  7. Black Honey by Clinique

No comments:

Post a Comment