...

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Empties! Items I Used Up or Tossed in March

Yes, I know it's almost the end of April and I'm just now posting my March empties, but it is what it is. I've got a fair amount of items I used up however, so let's get to it!
Estee Lauder makes some of my favorite mascaras as well as my holy grail lash primer, and I loved pairing the Sumptious mascara with The Little Black Primer (full reviews of both here). I've already moved on to another tube of The Little Black Primer  and would definitely purchase both going forward. I also finally finished the Re-Nutriv Softening Lotion, which is a nice albeit overpriced ($60) moisturizing toner. I made it about 1/3 of the way through the Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lift Age Correcting Eye Creme, but I just do not like it. I could not tell it did much for my eye and it did not play nicely with makeup, so I'm tossing. Maybe the formula went bad, as I've had it for about a year now (full review here). The black topped jar is the bareMinerals Mineral Veil, which I really like. I would purchase but I've got a mammoth jar of powder from Le Metier de Beaute I need to finish up first. The Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques Creme Foundation is a favorite, and I've already repurchased (full review here).
Sorry for the blurriness of this photo, my bad. I'm a big fan of Hask shampoos and the Kalahari Melon Oil did not disappoint. I'm currently trying a new brand, but I'll revisit Hask again soon. April by Buxom was part of my Finish 17 by 2017 project pan, and was actually part of a project pan I started in 2016. Finally finished her :-) The Galactomyces 80 Eye Cream was part of a giveaway I won, and the I raced to use it up before it's expiration date.  It's a BIG tube for an eye cream, but I also used it as a neck cream, and I liked it! No plans to repurchase. The Algenist Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum made me start paying attention to Algenist as a brand, I liked it that much. I just can't bring myself to pay it's $102 price tag.
Finished a few foils outside of my #365 Days of Samples series:
  • belif The True Cream -Aqua Bomb: nice, and I think I've got some more samples to go through.
  • Hask Monoi Coconut Oil shampoo and condition: I like.
  • davines Oil Conditioner: I like all of the davines products I've tried and have come close to purchasing several times.  
  • Klorane Shampoo with Chamomile: I liked this as well, but no plans to purchase.
These are under eye gel masks by GoToSpa. I'll be doing a full review soon so will hold my thoughts until then.
The mask standouts for me this month were the Dr. Troubex Sparkling Mask and the Donkey Milk Healing masks.  
While I'm a fan of the inexpensive bonvivant masks from Memebox, I think some of mine have started to go bad, based on smell :-(.  They are not that old - or at least I purchased them not that long ago, so that's not a good sign. The particular offenders were the Chamomile and Tea Tree Botanical Masks. I did use one and it had no detrimental effects, but the smell just seems off. I've got quite a few of these in my collection, ah yi yi.
I'm tossing two mascaras that did not work for me: Essence Forbidden Volume and Rimmel Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves. The Forbidden Volume mascara didn't have much impact and smudged, and the brush on the ? was a nightmare for my small eyes. Nothing frustrates me more (makeup wise) than getting mascara all over my eyes, and this one did just that.

Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves
I won the Aurora DeJuliis Soft Papaya & Pumpkin Masque in a giveaway and used about half of it before it went bad. It didn't make much of an impression on me and was hard to tell if it did anything for my skin.
The Sweet Milk & Chamomile Exfoliate by Farmaesthetics was nice (full review here), but it was white when I bought it back in 2012 and has now turned yellow, so it's way past it's prime. It smelled fine, but still.
Last up are the samples that I used up as part of my #365 Days of Samples series. I won't go into detail on them as I already did in the original posts. I do think doing this series is definitely helping me get through more samples than I normally would, which is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment