...

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Makeup Geek Highlighter in Daybreak

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
My first venture into Makeup Geek eyeshadows and highlighters came when I noticed a sale featuring some of their damaged products. I decided to take a chance on five shadows and the highlighter in Daybreak, and I'm glad I did! Today I'll be showing you Daybreak.

Honestly, I can't tell that Daybreak is damaged beyond the back label being crooked and two slight lines in the powder near the bottom of the compact. Considering the regular price for the highlighters is $20 and the damaged sale price was $9, I feel like I got a bargain.  
Daybreak is described as a soft peach with a reflective, luminous finish best suited for medium skin tones. It looks darker in the pan than it wears so I'd say it works for fair skin as well, or at least it does for mine. I think it's gorgeous.
A little goes a long way, but if you wanted a straight out metallic shine, you could probably get it with Daybreak. I prefer a softer, more luminous glow, which is easy to achieve with just a soft back and forth with my brush. If I want an even softer glow, I'll put Daybreak on before my blush, and then use my blush to buff it out. Lovely either way, and I'll be reaching for Daybreak a lot this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment