...

Saturday, March 16, 2013

On a Jet Plane: What I Took to Washington, D.C.

Today I'm flying back from a conference, Healthcare for the Homeless, that I was presenting at in Washington, DC.  When I was younger I thought I wanted to travel the world, but now I'm at the point where the yearly conferences I attend are more than enough.  I've become a homebody:-)
Cosmetics and Body Lotion
However, it does give me a good opportunity to use up the hoard collection of travel samples that I have.  I'm a lover of variety, so being able to take multiple items without having to sacrifice space is a big plus.  Say what you will about foil packets, they definitely are great for traveling!
When choosing the compacts I wanted to take, I was going for (1) small and (2) versatile. I took a pink and a neutral blush, and mainly neutral eye colors with a few splashes of color.  The UD shadow pencil in Sin is a great highlighter, and the UD Smoked travel pencils are some of my favorites.
The Estee Lauder Lilly Pulitzer compact is a great travel option, as it contains a blush, bronzer, and powder foundation in one compact. 
Primers, Concealers, Mineral Foundation & Eyelash Curler
Primers are a must, and I do like UD's Naked Skin BB cream as a primer.  I like using a mineral foundation on top.
Hair and Skincare Items
 I've got my skin treatment and hair care needs covered here.  I decided against taking my Clarisonic, but the Exfolikate should tide me over.
I love my DHC cleansing oil, and fortunately I had a few foil packets I could take with me. 
I decided on the Shipley & Hadley cosmetics bag I got from Beauty.com, as it's compact but can accommodate a lot of items.   I've still got plenty of room for my brushes, contacts case, and any miscellaneous items! 

Disclaimer:  I purchased these.

No comments:

Post a Comment