...

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Cool as a Cucumber Eyeshadow Trio by Wet 'n Wild

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Cool as a Cucumber is the third eyeshadow trio from Wet 'n Wild that I picked up recently.  Composed of a pale pistachio green, aubergine shimmer, and forest green shimmer, this is quite the pretty palette!
The pale green was difficult to get to show up in the arm swatch, but it did work nicely as a brow and inner eye highlighter.  There's just a bit of shimmer in all three shades, nothing too frosty.  The darker green and the aubergine can be built up in intensity and the pigmentation was average to good.  Wear time with primer was about 7 hours before I started noticing fading and creasing.  The aubergine shade is a good complement to Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliners Crash and 1999.
I really liked this color combo and think it makes for a nice transition to fall look.  I'm still trying to figure out who blush to wear with it, as my original choice was too red.  That combo was a bit too Christmas red and green for me.
So, to wrap up my reviews of the three Wet 'n Wild trios from this week, here are all the swatches from Cool as a Cucumber, Sweet as Candy, and I Got Good Jeans.  All three were solid performers, with I Got Good Jeans having the best color intensity and pigmentation.  The trios are $2.99 each, and I paid $1.79 for them on sale.  Score!

4 comments:

  1. I love the wet n wild shadows! They are such a great value, and usually have such good color payoff. The green looks really pretty on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some new trios out that I'm going to try to track down soon - I think they are exclusive to Walgreen's. There is a gorgeous green one :-)

      Delete
  2. I have an Almay trio that is very similiar. I love the dark green with my light green eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet that would be pretty! I'm jealous, I'd love to have green eyes :-)

      Delete