...

Monday, June 8, 2015

Monster Super Shock Cheek Highlighter by ColourPop

Monster is one of the fourteen new highlighters ColourPop released in April, and it is gorgeous.  Described as a light pink with highly opalescent duo chrome finish, I love the peach/pink color shift. It really does remind me of the colors you see in an opal, which happens to be my birthstone.
The color shift is both evident yet subtle, making this a highlighter that I feel comfortable wearing to work.  The highlight is more evident in bright light, but it truly does what you want a highlighter to do, by emphasizing the parts of the face you applied it to without calling attention to skin imperfections or looking garish.
The compact the new blushes/highlighters/bronzers (all $8) come in is larger than the eyeshadows at 4.2 grams vs. 2.1 grams.  The soft to the touch/almost a cream type formula is best applied with fingers, although a synthetic brush also works.  I preferred using my fingers to apply Monster as a highlighter.  Wear time for me was on par with other powder highlighters, about 7 hours before my oily skin starts to wreak havoc.
Monster above Cupid's bow
I'm definitely a fan of Monster, and am anxious to try Tasty, the other highlight shade (but it's dark enough to use as a blush) I chose.
Have you tried the ColourPop highlighters yet?  I've got my eyes on a few others now that I know I like how they perform.

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous! I really need to pick up some more colourpop goodies! I've never been so smitten with such an affordable brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are on a roll! It's nice to find an affordable brand that is innovative and high performing.

      Delete