...

Monday, June 29, 2015

Delicate Hummingbird Long-Lasting Eye Shadow by Rouge Bunny Rouge

Now how's this as in intro to Rouge Bunny Rouge's Long-lasting Eyeshadow Refills?
The firefly festival is eagerly awaited all year in the Enchanted Garden. For then on this very special day, the best voices of the bird-world feed on tiny fireworks to embellish their voices and then gather to perform a single concert together. Their jubilant musical notes are inscribed in a syrup of figs and milk and preserved in tiny pots to be enjoyed all year round. Like this golden froth of musical syrup, WHEN BIRDS ARE SINGING... eye shadows are a time defying exotic enigma. This is plumage to adorn you in shades as deliciously mellow as soft silence that flows, or as brilliantly potent as jewelled notes. So addictive are these morsels that you’ll be causing your own kaleidoscopic ripples every time you wear them.
Gah, but I love me some over the top magical storytelling when it comes to cosmetics, perfumes, or beauty products in general.  I'd much rather apply defying exotic enigma plumage that flows as soft as silence than say, eyeshadow, to my eyes :-) I mean, one of the reasons I love makeup is because of how it makes me feels as I'm applying and wearing it, and storytelling is all part of that!
Enter Delicate Hummingbird, one of the shadow refills I picked up for $10 (regularly priced $19) from HauteLook a few months back.  I love that HauteLook has featured Rouge Bunny Rouge products several times now, and am eagerly awaiting for the blushes to show up at some point.
The shadow refills can be housed in RBR's two ($12) or three pan ($18) compacts called Eye Shadow Keepers (I paid $11 for the trio), and are easy to pop in or out of the magnetic pans.  Delicate Hummingbird is one of the more sheer colors in the line, described as "cool, dusky sugar-frosted plum, iridescent with pink shimmer". 
Here I'm wearing Delicate Hummingbird as a wash over ColourPop's coral hued Cheeky (review here). That glimmer you see along the lash line is Urban Decay's discontinued 24/7 pencil in 1999.  I don't know why they discontinued it, as it's LOVELY.
You can purchase singles of RBR's shadows for $25 or refills for $19 from Beautyhabit.com, but considering RBR is not the easiest brand to track down nor the cheapest, I'd keep an eye out for their next appearance on HauteLook.  I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment